Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, April 6, 2015

Sister Erin 4.6.2015

iBuenos dias familia! Of course, as you know, we had general conference this weekend and I had the opportunity to watch it in Spanish with our investigators. It was soooooo cool! I was amazed at how much I understood and got out of it. At first, I tried listening and taking notes in English, but after a while, it was getting exhausting trying to translate in my head and then write it down, so eventually, I started taking all my notes in Spanish as well. Then, the rest of the day, I couldn't stop thinking in Spanish and even speaking in Spanish. It was just like it was engrained in me! Hahahaha The zoo was absolutely amazing and I loved every bit of it. It had thematic music and smells and it made me feel like I was in Disneyland again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mission Council Leaders climbed to the top of Kennesaw Mountain to pay honor and respect to the families that lost their faithful sons in the civil war on this red dirt. The Union Army battled the Confederates here and 1,000s gave their lives. As a leadership team, we were humbled to learn of the sacrifice of others that have paved the way for our much more gentle lives. We re-dedicated ourselves to the Lord and from the summit we sang in unity: "High on a Mountain Top". This was a serious leadership day of honoring others and recommitting ourselves to serve. I LOVE YOU MORE THAN THE AMMOUNT OF TIME A MISSIONARY DOESN"T HAVE TO EAMIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mom: Why are my niece and nephew so stinkin' cute?! They seem to take after me. hahaha HAVE SO MUCH FUN AT BURCKLE"S HOMECOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dad: I loved Elder Holland's talk, I watched it in Spanish, but I absolutely loved the story of los dos hermanos. It felt the spirit so strong!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jennifer: They're soooo cute!!! I can't wait to try your jam too! Kevin: I'm glad school is going good for you! I'll help you with your homework when I get home! :D Brooke: Your outfit in all those pics is so snazzy! You sly dog you! You'd better not marry any of those RM's before I get home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Natha: I love you! Have fun building your deck! 1. What has been your biggest challenge this week? We got a third companion who is hard to work with. It has slowed down the work a TON. 2. What has been your biggest concern? Whether or not I'm being transferred 3. What has been your biggest success? I'm staying in PTC for my last transfer and still an STL and a Spanish sister AND we hiked Kennesaw Mountain as a mission council! 4. Who has been your favorite person this week? Why? Sister Harding. All during mission council the whole day on Thursday, she kept teasing me in front of everyone. I felt very loved because she only teases the people she likes. :D 5. What has been your most significant tender mercy? I was praying for the gift of tongues because we're teaching a ton in Spanish and I understood the talks in general conference!!!! 6. What are you looking forward to this coming week? I was asked to come to the transfer meeting even though I'm not being transferred. I wonder why..... 7. Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it. I want to learn Spanish a lot more..... It’s crazy 8. Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week? General conference.... does that count as scripture? I loved Elder Holland's talk about los dos hermanos. RANDOMNESS: ***We got a third Companion: Sister Alena Smith from Hawaii. ***We hid over a thousand Easter Eggs at our Church and it ended up with us running over the lawn just chucking them because our bodies were so sore. ***I ate plantains fro the first time. And....Authentic Caribbean Food. I can't describe how badly I want to travel. I want to live different cultures so much! ***My bed an Mahoney's bed are super close together and I rolled over in the middle of the night and I swing my arm and ended up High Fiving the bottom of Mahoney's foot. It mad the loudest slap ever and it rung through the room. She woke up screeching in pain and her foot hurt for the whole night. In the morning she said it hurt all the way through her leg. Hahaha #tingle

No comments:

Post a Comment