Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, March 9, 2015

Sister Erin 3.8.2015

WHAT??? I had to say goodbye to Dutra! Nooooo! I love her so much! I'll really miss my Brazilian! It was the craziest thing, we were driving late at night on Tuesday (the night before Dutra left) and we were passing over a bridge and we looked out over the lake when all of a sudden a ginormous wall of fog came crashing down over the bridge. Everyone slammed on their breaks and came to a screeching halt because you could not see ANYTHING. I thought about getting out of the car to see if I could see anything and I felt prompted not to, so I didn't. Literally just moments later, a huge semi came flying over the bridge and barely missed our car. When he saw all the cars on the bridge at a standstill, he slammed on his breaks, sent over the median and came to a stop just feet in front of the edge of the bridge on the other side. Holy smokes, I almost became Erin Jelly! When I saw him flying past, my soul was traumatized and I could feel the terror fill my heart knowing if I hadn't listened to the spirit, I would have died. We stayed up until midnight getting all her luggage ready for the journey and the AP's came and got her at 5 in the morning! They drove me to a nearby apartment with the sisters in Whitewater and I laid on their floor until it was time to get up. I couldn't sleep at all because my heart was so broken. I really loved Dutra and I know we'll continue to be friends, even if we are living on different continents. I spent a couple hours with the WW sisters then they took me to a church and dropped me off so I could go to Mission Council. I got assigned to spend the day with a sister who’s companion flew out as well and she was under the impression that I was leaving PTC for good and we were becoming legit companions. She tried packing up my stuff for me and my heart was being shredded. I didn't know what to do. I had no clue I'd be leaving PTC, but I guess it was just a big misunderstanding because we both would be receiving new companions. We finally got 2 new temple square missionaries and we all had connections!!!! Her name is Sister Rebekah Mahoney from Nova Skotia Canada. She knew Amanda Echols in Canada and also, she taught one of my recent converts from SLC who I taught here in WW and so we knew each other through the phone before in person! Whaaaa? AND, her other temple square companion was freaking out when she met me because she taught a Tori in the TKN who was referred by one of the recent converts here who Brooke taught! Holy guacamole! It's such a small world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got to walk on the glorious golf cart paths and I felt like I was in heaven! I stood on the infamous bridge that shattered my elbow and of course, I forgot my camera. But, the emotions were there. It was a sacred moment. I got bit by a snake and it only caught the edge of the soul of my shoe. Thank goodness. I'm pretty sure I screamed like a little girl. haha I got so tan too! I LOVE YOU MORE THAN THE AMOUNT OF GRAINS OF SAND ON THE BEACHES!!!!! Mom: HAHAHAHAHAHA. Brooke's a babe! Who WOULDN"T want to hit on her? Ha. I love how she totally owned her homecoming talk. I'm proud of her! Have you been able to meet Dutra yet? Have you been up to Temple Square? you need to go! Has Brooke met Aldous yet? Dad: Why do you call me Jackie Chan? Ha. I'm so confused. I can't believe Linda and Bishop Stoner have cancer!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!! Give them both my love! I can't believe it! I'm so sorry to hear that. "Stellar spirits are often housed in imperfect bodies" ~Elder Russell M. Nelson Jennifer: What business are you starting? I haven't heard anything about it. What are you doing? Kevin: Thanks for your weekly sentence, it makes me feel loved. Ha. Brooke: HAHAHAHAHA You stud you! Of course everyone to the moon and back flirts with you, you're adorable! I'm so happy we're twins! I got all the brains and you got all the looks! ha! Thanks for all the pics, it was so cool to see all the pics of you with everyone, you look waaaaay older from the last time I saw you. I probably look old too I guess. RANDOMNESS: ***Sis M and I were at a less active's house. This lady just complains about her health and the weather...... the room was so warm and the couch was so soft and slowly, we both fell asleep. I woke up with a shocked look on my face so I looked down at my watch to see how long I was asleep and it was for 15 minutes! Sis M and I were just smooshed together and asleep on each other! And what's so funny is that the lady was still talking for that whole 15 minutes! hahaha *** I got a mild concussion from all my passing out last week, it's nothing to worry about, but it definitely explains my thought patterns lately. *** My comp is fluent in French because that's her first language. We were at a Russian member's house and I was trying to say 'I love you" to the family in Russian because they had taught it to me the week before. Sis M was dying because I accidently swore in French. The whole family erupted in laughter and they looked like they were all going to pee their pants! I was so embarrassed because the dad of the family is most likely going to be a prophet in the future. It's an amazing family and I swore at them!!!!!!!!! *** I never heard the rule: don't put a knife in the toaster...... so, this morning, sis M couldn’t' get her bread out because it was so small so I grabbed a knife and was going to help her.... I got the shock of my life. I for sure, thought my hand was going to explode. I felt the biggest shock shoot up my hand and land in my armpit. ha. I had to lay on the ground for a couple minutes because I felt like my armpit was on fire. *** my hand and arm started having some numb spells again this week and there was one time that we were at a member's house and all of the sudden, I looked down, and their baby was biting my arm! I couldn't feel it! When we removed his teeth from my skin, I had the deepest bite mark and couldn't feel a thing! The poor little guy was teething so he needed something to bite, my arm just happened to have been available. Ha LOVE YOU BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU MORE THAN CANIBALS LOVE TOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment