Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, March 16, 2015

Sister Erin 3.16.2015

Family! This week was sooooo great! We had superb weather most days and we didn't even have to wear a coat or sweater or anything! (Haha, but obviously I'm not naked, I still wear the normal missionary clothes, just without all the extra warm things ha) I went on exchanges a couple times and I was with a sister once that was sooooooo trunky! I've never been with a missionary who has given up on the work months before her mission ends, it was so hard, but I rebuked her and commanded her to repent. I explained to her that this was not her time to quit, but the Lord's time to work. I've only ever met a more disobedient missionary once. She's number 2. We're working with President to see what needs to be done. I felt like a horrible person because everyone else was too intimidated by her to tell her what she was doing was wrong in the sight of God. It was insane. This week, we knocked on a door and an old lady answered the door, looked at us, then slammed the door in our faces. Behind the door, you could hear her yelling at the top of her lungs: FFFRRREEEDDD!!!!! Come quick! The Mormon movie star is at our door!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahaha They came to the door and let us in, we had about an hour conversation and I'm pretty sure they didn't get anything from the restoration lesson that we taught because they were too busy staring at me. I asked them what they were doing and they said they had met me a year ago in Wal-Mart and how I remind them so much of a movie star. They said I have the face and poise of a celebrity. I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!! That's why everyone knows me! I guess I just act like a famous person! HAhaha. I almost died of laughter!!! We saw some people moving into our apartment complex so we ran back home, threw on some pants and helped them move, they were so gracious because we carried loads and loads and loads up the flight of stairs. They couldn't believe that 'Mormons' were nice. Ha. They had heard some bad things and we set them straight! They're coming to church!!! YAY! I LOVE YOU MORE THAN THE LENGTH OF WORMS IN THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!! Mom: I'll still get the mail, but only for March, after that, you HAVE to use the new address, otherwise, they'll just send it back to you. They changed the city boundaries, so that address no longer exists. Dad: I haven't gotten any of your letters, I hope I will soon though. Love you! I'm glad you're getting the waterfall to work! Before, it was just a pile of pretty rocks. Jennifer: Your kids get cuter and cuter every time I see pics of them! How's your business doing? Kevin: Haha, I think it's funny how you always apologize for the weekly 'short message', if you want to write more, you just need to take more time. Smack Eldon! That's disgusting! Brooke: Hahaha, Yes, I've seen Divergent, I've seen more of the new movies than you have darling, but don't you worry, I'll still spend time with you. Ya, it looks like Matt turned out to be a punk. He was a bomb.com missionary, but he doesn't appear to be that way in real life. RANDOMNESS... ***I stepped on a worm this week that was easily 2 feet long, I slipped on it and landed in a huge puddle, when I looked down to see what I slipped on, I was horrified to find that it wasn't a worm, it was a wet snake. Sick! *** A cosmetician told me that I have 'magazine cover eyebrows' Ha! I snorted in front of her because I laughed so hard. *** Us, as missionaries, all sang in sacrament yesterday. We all sang Joseph Smith's First Prayer to the tune of Come Thou Fount. It turned out quite nicely for singing it for the first time in church. Then, Mahoney and I were asked to teach about scriptures in the Gospel Principles class. So, I pulled out my juggling balls out of my bag and I asked one of the AP's to help me. I ended up throwing the balls at him for a little object lesson. It went so well and it really got the class excited. I'm pretty sure I'm the only missionary who could do something as random as that and get away with it, people here know me. I am RaNdOm! *** Do you remember my sad lip? The one I do when I pretend to be sad? Well, I got called a guppie because apparently, it reminds everyone of a guppie fish. That's now my new nickname. Ha! *** People here are starting to call me by my first name! Nobody here says Sister Echols anymore, they all call me Erin. I asked them why they do that and they respond with: Well, you've already been here over a year and a half, so, we might as well call you Erin. Hahahahahaha I have to admit, it is nice hearing my name again, but it's sooooo weird having all my ward members call me it! *** I've officially been out for over 19 months now. #olddog *** When missionaries ask me how long I've been out for, I tell them 19 months and their jaws drop and President just laughs. They're so confused that they don't even ask how that's possible. Ha I LOVE YOU MORE THAN THE FLOWERS ON THE TREES SMELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1. What has been your biggest challenge this week? . I was on exchanges with a sister who was the #1 trunky missionary in the world, she refused to work. 2. What has been your biggest concern? How in the world am I going to baptize our investigators before the end of my mission?????? They are all progressing, but for some reason, they don't get baptized........ 3. What has been your biggest success? We got 2 of our investigators on date for baptism. 4. Who has been your favorite person this week? Why? Elder Savage, he was a really good sport in church when we were teaching a lesson and got to throw balls at him for an object lesson. 5. What has been your most significant tender mercy? The fact that I don't have to wear a coat anymore, I just wear Toms and a short sleeved shirt, it makes me so much happier. 6. What are you looking forward to this coming week? I can't wait to have interviews with President! They're either on Tuesday or Weds! I'm so excited! I love that man! 7. Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it. I want to get 3 more investigators on date for baptism. 8. Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week? The war chapters in Ether, they show how Prophets always tell the truth and will never be led wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment