Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, March 2, 2015

Sister Erin 3.02.2015

I had such a bad sickness!!! We were with a member at an investigator's house and we were standing in the kitchen, having a great time and sharing spiritual experiences..... when all of the sudden, I leaned up against their counter. Then, I slowly melted and passed out. All the people with me caught me and stood me back up. I quickly asked if I could use her bathroom and she showed me where it was.... once I got to the bathroom, I passed out again. I had locked the door behind me so nobody could even get in to help me. When I woke up, I stood up and looked into the mirror.... Holy cow, I looked like death. I was so pale!! And I had the biggest red mark along the side of my head. When I stood up, I passed out AGAIN!!!!! Then, I picked myself off of the floor and had the biggest red mark under my eye and then... I PASSED OUT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After that, I decided it was probably best that I just lay on the floor like a dead fish, so I did. I just laid on the floor, covered in dog hair and feeling weak. Have you ever seen Monster's Inc? I probably looked like Sully when he was watching the trash be chopped up. I just kept passing out! haha. When I gathered myself together, I walked out and went and sat on the couch, we then headed to a member's house to get a blessing and that night, I got a fever of 103 degrees! I was soooooo sick! I'm sooooo sad! Dutra is leaving me this week!!! I guess I'm going to be in a trio for a day when she leaves so I can pick up my companion from the airport. Wha?? I'm getting a brand spankin' new companion! From the airport, we'll head straight to mission council to learn how to train our comrades for this week's upcoming zone conferences. I'm training and being an STL???? Is that even possible! Holy smokes, I need your prayers now more than ever! It's crazy times and I'm so nervous! Going from a shy little tyke to a bold missionary takes a TON of courage and work! I've never felt more alive! I never realized how much I actually like talking to people. Ha. This week, when I was sick, the Doc was kinda making fun of me because he said, "Sister Echols, I've never known you to be so quiet!" Hahahaha. I guess I'm loud now! I guess I like to talk! I guess I'll never be shy again! Huzzah! I seriously cannot believe Brookelyn got home!!!!!! Yay! She'll do great! I LOVE YOU MORE THAN JELLY FISH LOVE TO STING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, Your Official Favorite Missionary. HAHA! Mom: Brooke's pics look great. Everyone looks so healthy and I'm so happy! I'm so happy you have a girl back home to help you battle them boiz! Dad: I love how you always tell me about the car and I have no clue what you're saying. It makes me happy to see how much you love fixing stuff up! This car lingo is all Greek to me. Jennifer: You got to go see Brooke come home? Yay! I'm so happy for you! I'm also so happy that she got to meet your daughter! I'm excited to meet her one day! Kevin: Oh my heck..... I can't believe you were a clown!!! hahahaha. I just got told by my ward mission leader that I shouldn't only write for Studio C, but that I should be on it. Ha. I knew what he was talking about because I learned about it last week! Brooke: Oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness YOU'RE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!! RANDOMNESS: ***I met a German old man and he was sitting down on a bench at a park. I asked if we could teach him and he said, only if you know a phrase in German. What???? I mustered all my courage and said a phrase that I thought was German, he died of laughter and literally tipped over the bench. He accepted to be taught and we referred him to missionaries close to his home. I kept asking him what the phrase I said was and he couldn't even speak, he just kept laughing. Last night, we had dinner with our ward mission leader who is from Germany. I asked him the phrase and I guess I told an old German guy sitting on a bench that I loved him! Hahaha. No worries! I flirted with a drunk old German! ha! ***I passed out several times at an investigator's house, and also.... at church. TWICE! Thank goodness I was sitting down, because from what people tell me, they said I was just listening to the lesson and all of a sudden, I humped over and melted in my seat. They picked me up and sat me up straight, and I woke up and didn't even know anything had happened. When Dutra asked me about it, I was sooooo confused. Ha. Thank goodness I'm better now! ***after being sick, I finally got my strength back and I'm acting like myself again. Yay! ***I learned how to bare my testimony in Portuguese! For sure when I come home, I'll study Spanish, Portuguese, and Mandarin Chinese! I love languages!!!! And I'll travel to all sorts of different countries!!!! ***I rediscovered my love for apples this week, lately, I can't get enough of them. I'm pretty sure I'm keeping Washington in service for how many apples I eat. Ha. Love em! ***I accidently hugged our stake president yesterday!!! I was going down the line, giving all our sisters hugs and President Haskin slipped in there and I wasn't thinking. I gave him a hug and everyone gasped. I took a huge step back and he just laughed. I'm pretty sure I blushed because it was so funny and embarrassing! I just hugged a stake President!!!!!!!!!! He laughed and walked back to his office and left me flabbergasted in the lobby. Ha ***I might have a slight concussion from hitting my head so many times. Haha. ***Also...God be with you 'til we meet again. I LOVE YOU MORE THAN MICHAEL PHELPS LOVES GOLD MEDALS!!!!! QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR THE WEEK: 1. What has been your biggest challenge this week? I was soooo sick that I couldn't even leave the apartment for a couple of days 2. What has been your biggest concern? Wondering if Brooke got home safely or if her flight crashed and she died.... nobody told me anything 3. What has been your biggest success? Conquering the sickness and going out and teaching 4. Who has been your favorite person this week? Why? Dr. and Sister Allgaier, they helped me a lot and they made me feel normal 5. What has been your most significant tender mercy? I called Bro Leavitt to ask for a blessing and his son just returned from his mission in Brazil the day before, so they both gave me a blessing 6. What are you looking forward to this coming week? I'm excited to meet my new companion, I guess I'll be training and an STL at the same time! 7. Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it. I want to help Dutra have the most incredible last couple of days in GA 8. Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week? "It's better to prepare and prevent, than to repair and repent"

No comments:

Post a Comment