Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Brooke 1.22.2015

Me, Sister Ramon and Sister Hales pointing to our area.
How many sisters can a 5'2" Micronesian hold? 2!
Messer, Walser and Me .With Elder Searle photobombing. Walser is home now.
Me and Sydney C...A recent convert from JC. ....AND P-day in Farragut!!!! So much fun!!!
Hey family!!! I'M AN UNCLE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Harley is doing great! I'm happy to hear that she's doing better than she was. I hope she's completely back to perfect when I come home next month, because I want to hold her without worrying about the tubes and stuff. If I have to deal with the tubes, I promise to be careful. :) So sorry this is only 3 days late. We've had the craziest week ever. The library was closed on Monday, we went on exchanges on Tuesday, and on Wednesday, I had to give a 45 minute training for our Zone Training Meeting, so I haven't had time to email until today, which is Thursday. I was sooooo nervous for my training, that I had to have my District Leader, Elder Gibson give me a pep talk before I gave it. His pep talk was this, "Just do it! It's NIKE time!" Hahahahahaha!! Guess what?? I schooled some Elders today in basketball after our Zone Training Meeting. :) People think I'm all nice and girly because I'm an STL who wears cute skirts, but when they see me play ball, they think again. :) It was amazing! I got so many bruises because I was playing so hard, but it was all worth it. President and Sister Griffin just stood there with their mouths hanging open, shocked at watching me play. I hope I don't scare them off. Haha. Sorry this is short and lame, but we've got to go teach an English class tonight, so I have to go study the material. :) I don't even speak Spanish, and I'm teaching Hispanics English. Wish me luck! Also, I had a super bold Abinadi moment earlier this week. We were on exchanges and I went to Rockwood again. Well, we went to go see a guy, Robert, I had committed for baptism the last time I was there because his date dropped, so I wanted to set another baptismal date. Well, we had an amazing lesson on the porch. All the other guys inside were new investigators we got last time I was here, but they all stayed inside in the living room playing video games. They wouldn't even come out. Well, I asked Robert if I could ask all those other guys a question. So, he poked his head in the door and asked if I could talk to them. He came back out and closed the door and said they would rather I didn't. So, I was like, "Excuse me for a sec." and I stepped around Robert and walked straight through the door into the living room where all the other guys were. Everyone was SHOCKED that I would do that. They wouldn't even look at me because they were playing their games, so I stepped in front of the TV until they paused it. I was super bold with them and just asked them why they weren't meeting with the sisters like they said they would. Well, long story short, they committed to be at the next lesson. :) Our team up said that she was surprised I didn't get us shot. My comp for the day said that she feared for our lives a little bit. The craziest part was that I didn't even realize what I was doing until I was already in front of the TV. It just kind of happened. It was a little awkward, but it got the job done. That was my Abinadi story for the week. :) Hahahahahaha!! I love you more than the all awkwardness of a missionary! Mom: Harley is so stinkin' cute! I'm such a proud auntie! Thanks for the super detailed email you sent. I'm soo happy she's doing better! I got a little teary at the picture of her going into the Helicopter. And at the one of Jen crying while saying goodbye to Harley. Dad: Congratulations Grandpa! I'm glad you were able to be there for it. :) Priesthood is very real. I've got a few stories to tell you when I get home. Michael: I don't know why me and Erin aren't getting your emails, but it seems like that happens more often than we get them. You might want to try not doing it from your phone? I don't know. I'm glad you loved your Christmas presents you got! Of course you got legos. And, YESSSS!!! I'm super stoked to meet Harley!! Jen/Brian: I hope Dace adores Harley as much as I already do!! I love them both and I love you both! You are all my heros! Kevin: your questions... 1. What home cooked meal are you going to ask for first after you get home? ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something healthy maybe and definitely not barbeque... 2. What is the sickest you have ever been? When I had strep throat my Junior year in HS worse than I've ever had it. 3. Who is your hero? Harley. For being a fighter. 4. Have you ever been in a food fight? Nope! 5. Do you like Guacamole? Absolutely! My questions for you: Who is your favorite Disney Princess? Which Disney character are you most like? If you could have dinner with any 3 people from history, who would they be? Erin: I'm going to keep studying the scriptures. Why wouldn't I? How many languages can you speak now?? I'm sooooooooo happy that you got to go back to PTC!! Be good and don't forget me!

No comments:

Post a Comment