Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, November 3, 2014

Brooke 11.03.2014

Happy Halloween!
Jumping in leaves
We taught a "pot head" and Foxy'
One more...Wearing masks.
Hi Family! This week, I got to touch a pig's snout! I recorded it too, but I don't know how to send it. :) I guess you'll all just have to wait a little over 100 days to see it. :) I squealed like a little girl when I touched it! It was so slimy, like a slug, and it was so squishy, like a marshmallow, and it smelled rotten, like mud. :) We were trying to meet a less-active, and she was being really cold towards us, and I heard and OINK, so I ran to the far side of their porch where they had a big pig under their porch. I threw my camera to Sister McNeill and said, "Hold my scriptures and watch this!!" I touched the nose and squealed, and the less-active just bust up laughing! She was laughing so hard that she was crying. After that, she was super friendly towards us. :) The way to get someone to open up, is to make them laugh. On Halloween, we had to stay in, so we had our district meeting up in Kingsport for a couple hours, and then we all (9 missionaries) stayed at the church and played sports like Tomahawk, basketball, soccer, and Norwegian kickball! After that, we all told scary stories. It was the funnest day ever! We spent the whole day with several recent converts from Kingsport and they had a blast with us. We wanted pizza and had it delivered to the church by a recent convert because we weren't supposed to be out. We then left at 8:30 to be home by 9. It was the greatest 2nd pday ever! Also, our investigator, Jessie and her girls fed us dinner on Saturday! We had pork, potatoes, sauerkraut, green beans, and rolls. It was all so good! I love you more than kids love Jell-O! Mom: Thanks for fixing my countdown! Did Dace do good and hold still for his haircut? I bet it looks so cute! I really don't like snow as a missionary. When it snows, we can't use our car, but we still have to be out on foot. That's not the best idea for Rogersville, TN. I bet those boys loved your coin collection! I think it's awesome, so I'm sure they do too. :) One of my favorite memories is just looking at all your coins. Dad: Good for you for doing great at work! And doing great on the car! I agree with Erin...I wish people would stop being rude. I'll protect you when I get home. You are such a hard worker with everything you do!! I like both your GHOUL puns! What is your choice of beverage when you're dead? GHOUL-aid. I came up with that. :) Michael: Oh, I did get your email last week, it just shows that it came in after I had already gotten off the computer because my time was up. You might want to send it earlier next time. Oh, I kinda knew what you meant about being STABLE... Bruce broke down?? Poor guy. I hope it gets fixed soon. Anna: Thanks for emailing me! Of course I say EW to boys...I'm gonna be a mormon nun. I know they're God's children too, but they are gross and stupid. Everyone out here keeps trying to set me up with people they know in Utah, or here in Tennessee. Dumb. Good thing I have the Millennium! Haha. Kevin: Oh man! I can't wait to see Maleficent! I have a whole list of movies I need to see apparently! Who the flagnob is Kelli!?!? Do I know her? Where did she go to school? What's her last name? I like the fact about swearing in front of dead people! :) Jen: Email me. Your husband did. :) Erin: Johnny Bradshaw!!! Is he related to an Elder Bradshaw who is serving here in Knoxville and he went to Olympus High School? They look like they could be cousins or something. I'm glad you like your new companions! That's so fun! Way to have the gift of tongues and be able to speak to the people of all nations! I'll try to write you every week, but I'm not very good at it, but I'll keep trying! You drank alcohol?! Hahahahaha! I almost died laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment