Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, October 27, 2014

Brooke 10.27.2014

I breathed fire!!
Zombie baby
I always shoot my comp when she comes around the corner...this is from her point of view
I have to jump on people's tramps when I see them
Jesus AND I matched. We found this while walking around in Walgreens and I was wearing my nerd kit I GUESS?!!! AND.... We got invited to a bowling birthday party.
Hey Family!! Well, this week, Sister Griffin told us to get a flu shot, so we went to Walgreens to get one. It took them forever to clear me for the shot because my medical record has a big red flag on it because I’m allergic to the Tetanus shot. Finally, they got things figured out for me to get the shot, and the doctor took me back into the office to give it to me. As he was sticking the needle in my arm, he said, “Now, YOU might stop breathing…” and I was like, “Say what!?” He told me that they didn’t have any record of me ever having a flu shot before, so they didn’t know how I would react or if I was severely allergic to the flu shot like I was the Tetanus shot. After he put the shot in my arm, he said, “So, if you don’t mind, we need you to stay in the building for at least 20 minutes so we can keep an eye on you and make sure you don’t stop breathing.” Hahahahahahaha! We got to look around Walgreens for 20 minutes and it wasn’t even our Pday. J Also this week, we were able to meet with our investigator Melissa who wants to get baptized. She’s so amazing! We met her on September 17th and she’s already read through Alma in the Book of Mormon. She wants to be baptized on November 29th! She’s golden. Also, we're preparing an excommunicated member for baptism again! We are working with our branch President and Stake President to make it happen. We have a "lesson" with him every week over the phone because he's a trucker and is all over the place. It's a really cool experience! Miracle!!! We went over to a former investigator's house and she was too busy because she was trying to build a fire, but nothing was catching. I was just trying to be funny and so I asked, "If I breath fire for you, will you let us in?" and she said yes. I went over to the fire, knelt down and just blew some air and the whole things burst into flames! I was shocked, my companion was shocked, and the former investigator was shocked. She immediately let us in and started listening to what we had to say. As it turns out, she lived just one street outside of our area, so we had to pass her off to a different set of missionaries, but she's now meeting with them regularly and progressing in the gospel! #dragon Isn't that the craziest thing you've ever heard?? As for the other things that happened this week... well, I finally had some paparazzi moments like Erin does all the time. A group of boys (gross) saw me go into a less-active's house and so this huge group of people came and waited for me outside the door. When it was time to go, we had to have some help from the less-actives to get out to our car. The group was taking pictures of me because they thought I was "perty." GROSS! It was really annoying. #MormonNun Our member with us was like, "We just can't take you anywhere!" That part was really funny. I love you more than doctors love needles!! Mom: I don't have a new companion. I'm still training Sister McNeill. But, rumor has it that I'll be leaving Rogersville after this next transfer and spend the last 2 transfers of my mission in my last area. Can you believe it?? After this transfer, I'll only have 2 left! What?! The day I'm scheduled to fly home is February 26th, 2015...so your number of days I have left is wrong. :) Oct: Dress up to go out to dinner/movie, make carameled apples. Nov: Thankful books. I'll let you know more when I can think of them. I'll help you with any yard work that needs to be done when I get home. I now have less than 4 months! Dace sounds like he's being a bum. He better be a gentleman when I get home. Dad: Did you watch Frozen? Wow, you are very valuable for your work! They need you! So do I! :) Are Tyler and Katie (I think that's her name) Barker even a little interested in learning? Good for the Elders for doing service for Tyler. Do you have the Barker's over for dinner at all? What color is the interior of the car going to be? It sounds like y'all had fun with the Halloween Cruise! What kind of KNXV souvenir do you want? Michael: Dear Michael, it is your duty and obligation to write your two sisters serving missions. Love, one of those missionaries. What kind of KNXV souvenir do you want? Kevin: Juliana was my visiting teacher! We had quite a few classes together too! She's so great. :) Thank you for sending those pictures! I really like the one of you on the deck roof! Jen: I hope you have a great day at work! Crack a joke or two with a customer! What kind of KNXV souvenir do you want? Erin: How was your week!? Did you get your two new missionaries?? Do you like them? Let me know! What kind of KNXV souvenir do you want? Actually, I already got you one, but if there's something specific you want, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment