Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, October 20, 2014

Brooke 10.20.2014

My Halloween costume!
The district...
I drew myself a unibrow while I was coloring pictures of princesses! It's not even straight!
Coloring books put to good use! and....What can I say???? No caption needed
Hey Family! This week, we had our exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders, and I was in Rogersville with Sister Schwab! We got to eat fried green tomatoes for the first time! They were a lot different than I would've thought... We also went to go see a less-active lady in our ward who's really old and sick, so she stays home with a nurse all the time. We met her nurse, and started teaching her! We committed her to be baptized on December 6th! We now have 4 people with a baptismal date, and I'm sure that number will continue to increase. Hooray for talking to everybody! These are our people with dates...Eddie on Nov. 22nd. Maritsa on Nov. 22nd. Melissa on Nov. 29th. Kilia on Dec. 6th. YAY! Also, we had another investigator (different from the first time) tell at us to "Go away!" through the door. It was great! Sister McNeill and I high-fived and yelled, "Rejected for the Savior!" The lady inside the house got all quiet and awkward. She didn't know what to say to that! Hahahaha! Our branch here loves us! They all come up to us and just compliment us on things. It's great. :) Being a missionary is the hardest/greatest thing I've ever done in my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything! We got the transfer call on Saturday...I'm staying in Rogersville with Sister McNeill! Woop! I realized a few days ago, that after this next transfer is over, I only have 2 left. Crazy! I love you more than crayons love color! Mom: I love the pictures of the yard! And no, it doesn't make me homesick. I am sad that everything will be dead when I get home, but I'm excited to work on the yard with you so it will be gorgeous when Erin gets home for the second time! :) I hope you have so much fun babysitting Dace! He's my favorite nephew. :) Oh man! I wish I was there to go on the Halloween Rafting excursion! That was soo much fun! I don't remember being attacked by pirates, but I remember the other things! I got your package at our Zone Training Meeting and have LOVED using my fun toys with Sister McNeill. I got your letter the day after. Thank you! Dad: I liked the story of the excommunicated guy. We're working with a guy like that right now. I was bold and just asked him straight out, "Charlie, when do you want to be baptized?" and he solemnly said, "13 years ago." We're working with our Branch President right now. Woah, that story of the people in Japan is crazy. Good for them for listening to the Spirit. I'm not worried about Ebola. If I'm meant to get it, I will. If not, and I take good care of myself, I'll be fine. It's all in the Lord's hands. We got an email from our Mission Mom telling us all to go get a flu shot. Needles. Gross. I can't wait to get your letter! Michael: I have a question out of all curiosity... what do you mean when you say, "get our lives established"? I've heard people say that before, but I don't even know what they are talking about. Help a sista out... :) I'm glad Anna's friends like you guys. Any friend who doesn't want to hang out with you isn't really a friend. They are the ones missing out. Kevin: Hahahaha, singles ward guys are stupid. Not you, just everyone else. They are all dumb. I think every girl people see you with is automatically assumed to be your girlfriend. I don't know why that is, but it's pretty funny. It's funny that someone asked her if she was black...der duh der. I like the fact about the Bible! P.S. I didn't get the picture of you on the deck roof... please resend it. Jen: Hey, can you send me a picture of your baby bump? I'm dying to see it again! How are my favorite nephew and niece doing? Erin: Mom told me you're staying in Dunwoody... you can do this. I got your letter this week, and it made me feel better than I do in Disneyland. If you need me to, I will write you a letter every single week until I see you again starting immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment