Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, August 11, 2014

Brooke 8.11.2014

This week, we were able to contact a referral! Her name is Diceya. She went onto Mormon.org and referred herself because she heard that Mormon's have good geneology records. We went over to teach her (she lives an hour and fifteen minutes away from us!!!) and she's so prepared! She was talking about how there is a pattern of "anarchy" all throughout time, so we told her we call it APOSTASY. She was even like, "Have you noticed, that all the churches around here are teaching their own doctrine and not the true doctrine?? They only teach was fits their life!" HAHAHAHA!!! She's so prepared! We have to baptize this lady! She's an animal lady, so we visit her outside on her porch in her rocking chairs. :) I absolutely LOVE my Branch Mission Leader and Branch President!! Ray is our Branch Mission Leader and President Stockinger is our Branch President. They are sooo funny. It also helps that they are really good friends with everyone. President Stockinger has told me so many times that he feels like he's known me forever. I haven't even been here for 2 weeks. They always ask me questions about things that happened months before I got here because they forget that I'm new to the area. It's so funny. :) I'm so glad you all got to meet Ryan!! Isn't he the greatest! He's going to be a General Authority one day! So, update on my hand!! It's already looking better! The swelling has gone down, so now, I can feel my bone. If you start at my middle knuckle and start rubbing to my wrist, you feel it drop down and then jump up. It's pretty crazy. It's feeling better, but it still hurts a little to use it. It's green bruising now, so that's good! Everyone in our branch calls me "Crip." It's pretty hilarious! I did get hit in the hand with a basketball though... A young elder thought I was looking at him and that I would block it, but I wasn't, so I didn't. I got teary-eyed because it hurt so bad. He felt horrible...good. Haha. :) JK. My Doctor appointment is in Knoxville today at 3, so I'll get the final results then. I'm pretty excited. :) I love you more than all the books there are in the Library of Congress!!! Mom: I need to call Sister Griffin after my appointment to let her know what's going on. I'll tell her to call you and let you know too. I won't be able to get back on after because I'm trying to be exactly obedient. Kiss Dace Face for me!! Dad: WE HAVE TO GO TO AUSTRALIA TO SEE YOUR FRIEND SCOTT!!! I'm willing to help out in any way I can. I just really want to go! :) Did the moose chase you?? I bet you guys were booking it out of there! I'm so glad you helped Ryan answer some gospel questions! He was so prepared. He's great! How long did your camp-out last? Where did you go? I love you! Kevin: I want you to email me pictures!! Especially of you being a farm-boy! Michael: Did you fall off the face of the earth!? Email me. It's been two weeks now... I want to know what's going on in your life. Jen: For sure I want pictures of Dace's 3rd birthday party! Thanks for sending me a quick email! Erin: I'm still going to be sending you emails because I'm in the habit. How is Lunkwoody? I know that's not what the name is, but I cannot, for the life of me, remember what it's called? Where is that? Is it above Atlanta? How far is that from PTC? How is it being a trainer??? I don't think I'll ever train... I would corrupt that poor missionary! Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment