Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, July 14, 2014

Erin 7.14.2014

Pictures: riding the alpine slides, the view from Park City, My half of 20... where's yours?????, selfie on a roller coaster (missing my partner in crime), Jon Jon is way buff, Going to see Wicked!!!!!, WICKED TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Meeting the Irion's for the first time, Dace Face loves goggles, The Irion's plus another identical twin (they were introducing me to everyone they knew. Haha. They must really love you), The Roner's!!, The ZL......... who is he? How well do you know him? Have you written him since he came home? Do you like him? He obviously likes you..... HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKELYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How does it feel to be 20? Need a walker? Need some hair dye? I do!!! I feel so old and wrinkly. Haha. I hate being 20, just because I don't feel like it. :) This week was crazy busy with very fun fun fun things: Monday... I emailed my favorite missionary (YOU) Tuesday... I celebrated our birthday by going to Park City and riding the Alpine Slides with Mom, Kevin, Jennifer, and Dace Face. Dace kept saying, "Happy birthday Brooke! I love you!" It was adorable!!!!!! I recorded it, but I don't know how to send a video through an email, so I guess you'll just have to hear him say it in person. haha. He keeps telling everyone happy birthday because he had so much fun on our birthday that he wants to do stuff like that over and over again. :) Wednesday.... Corrie and her siblings made me a birthday breakfast where Corrie dropped the match that she was gonna light my French toast with and it burnt a hole in the table... Haha. I almost died of laughter. Thursday.... I went to a wacky concert with Corrie and one of my old companions. It was quite the adventure. We got beer spilled on us, I got spooned by a girl and we got nearly trampled to death. Let’s just say, one concert is all I'll need to experience in life. We then went and got Wendy's to make up for the insane night. Friday.... DAD TOOK ME TO SEE 'WICKED' ON BROADWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the most incredible thing I've ever seen! I thought I died and went to Heaven. I know how much you like plays, and I strongly suggest you stick with the acting and become a pro actor on Broadway (That way, you can get me tickets whenever you become famous and travel the world). It was a special Daddy-daughter date, just the 2 of us. It was way fun!! We dressed all nice and it felt like we were in the presence of royalty. I have never been more in love with a musical before. It throws the Sound of Music out of the water!!! I wish I could watch it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!!!! It was so cool too! All the music was live, the orchestra was under the stage and you could see the conductor leading the entire show! It was incredible!!! Saturday... Kevin and I floated down the Provo River on tubes with some of his friends. It was freezing cold so Mom let me wear her wetsuit and I felt legit. It really kept me warm and I was so thankful for it. I got nuzzled by my first leach. It was slimy and disgusting. But it was so fun, we have to go when I get home. Sunday.... I went to the Irion's homecoming!!! When they saw me, they instantly freaked out and showed me off to EVERYONE. I felt like a celebrity. Prez Irion yelled clear across the foyer, ''Honey!! Honey!!! Sister Echols came home!!!!'' Haha. I knew he was joking and he said he knew exactly who I was. They asked how my arm was and how the surgery went. They're so nice!! I was walking into sacrament and I looked up and Elder Russell M. Nelson was sitting up there and he smiled at me, then all of a sudden, I got grabbed by some people. I turned around and it was the Roner's!!! They came clear from Georgia to see the Irions!! Somehow, they knew I died during my surgery so they kept asking about that. They're so sweet! They would not let me go. Haha. They kept talking to me, and I was totally fine with that. I love them! The Irion's gave fantastic talks and Elder Nelson gave a wonderful testimony, he said that all missionaries sent stateside is for a good reason.... that the Lord needed all of the best missionaries right here, to keep the heart of the church strong.... we're the strongest warriors. After sacrament I was walking out when a guy came up to me and shook my hand. Not the typical one handed friendly kind of shake. He took my hand and held it with both of his and looked me straight in the eye. He said, "So, good to see you. Soooo, good!" I replied, "So good to see you too! Um, you must know my twin!" He stepped back and got extremely embarrassed. He's like, "Oh, I'm so sorry! I forgot she mentioned she had a twin! Wait, aren't you supposed to be on a mission?" I explained and the poor guy was so embarrassed from that, he disappeared. Hahaha. He said his name was Alex Airey?? He said he was your zone leader and let me tell you something sweetheart.... that was the most intimate hand shake I've ever had... I approve. Two words... marry him. Isn't that such a fun crazy week?!?!?! I LOVED IT!!! All my papers are in again, so we'll see where I get my call to but I just barely got an email from Prez H and this is what he says, "Thank you wonderful Sister Echols! Great news! We are really looking forward to your return! I now have what I need, to process things. It is my understanding and expectation that you would return to us here, not that you will be called to another mission. Of course, I guess there is maybe something that the Lord has for you, but it is my understanding that you would be returning, not that your call would again be reviewed for a different assignment. I will work on things and let you know. We love you! President" ISN'T THAT AMAZING?!?!?! They're trying everything in their power to get me back!! YAY! HUZZAH!!!! I love you lots Brooke! How was our birthday from your side? Te Amo!!!! Love, Erin P.S. I want details on this Zone leader of yours............

No comments:

Post a Comment