Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, July 14, 2014

Brooke 7.14.2014

(10 fingers in a downpour... the last crazy thing I did as a teenager was I got a tattoo!!!...Elder Roberts/Russo's bday gift to me...Bowling for my bday!...my bday gift to myself...Sister Messer's bday gift to me...emergency room until 4am...Sister Messer sick in the emergency...Service for my Birthday) Hiya Familia!!!! I'm 20. I'm old. I'm about to go down to my grave. Do you realize, I'm halfway to 40 now????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For my birthday, we went bowling with Elders Swapp, Hansen, Russo, and Roberts the day before on Pday. Sister Messer took me shopping and had me pick out a couple things that she bought me. On my actual birthday, President and Sister Griffin called and sang me happy birthday early in the morning, then, we went to the VA nursing hope and sang to all the veterans in the hospice wing. After that, we went and served food to homeless people. All the homeless people (about 150) sang me happy birthday!! They got really into it too. Then, President and Sister Mathson (stake presidency) took us out to Olive garden. Then, we went and did service for a less-active member. I cleaned dishes for 3 hours. They fed us about 2 months ago, and I was cleaning the dishes we had used when they fed us. GROSS! It poured rain so bad all day long. There were flood warning all over too. Then, we went and taught the Hopson family. They are so fun! My birthday party canceled, so we just went out and taught people like normal. I wore a party hat all day long. It was so fun! The next day, we went to the ER for Sister Messer. She was sooooo sick. We didn't get home until 4 in the morning. I was wired. All the nurses must have thought I was on crack or something because I was sooo hyper. We went and got Taco Bell at 4 in the morning because I was starving after spending 6 hours in the ER. We got it on our way home. It was super fun. :):):) Then, we had Zone Training meeting on Friday, and I gave a training! I trained on How to Begin Teaching, and I related it to sunglasses. I used 9 pairs of sunglasses for my training. The missionaries thought I was nuts! It was so great. That was the first time I got to meet the Griffins and their girls. :):) We met with Aaliyah Kirkland this week and she set a solid date for August 23!!! She's so excited for her baptism!!! Also, Bree is still planning on being baptized on August 2! I'M SO STOKED! I love you more than my obsession to sunglasses!!!! Mom: Wow!!! That birthday week sounds like so much fun!!!!!!!!!! For sure, next year we better party it up to make up for missing my big 20. It's so cute that you were thinking of me on my birthday. :) It makes me happy. Did you get a ton of good pics of the big day? Erin sent me a bunch, but I would love to see more if there are any. Love you Mama!...We don't know... the docs could never figure it out... She couldn't keep any food in her, she was shaking super bad, she had 0 energy, and she had extreme abdominal pains. She couldn't hardly stand up. It lasted for 5 days. I've started to feel sick lately, and I'm worried it might be the same thing. Yikes. We got home at 4:06am (because we got Taco Bell... I was wasting away...) and we slept in until almost 10:30am. I didn't fall asleep until after 7 though. I was weird knowing that I was awake for more than 24 hours straight! I'm still trying to catch up on sleep during lunch hours... Dad: No worries, Dad, you'll be able to fix that problem before your deadline. I know you will. Don't worry about losing time in the evenings.... you have all of eternity. :):) You are so thoughtful. It was really weird celebrating my birthday without Erin or family. It felt kind of like just another day. WICKED!? I'm sooo jealous! I hope they have it there next year! I would love to see it! You chose those tickets perfectly for Erin. She loves musicals and especially Wicked. She always listens to the music, so it was the perfect gift. The car is coming along! Even slow progress is still progress. LOVE YOU! Michael: That's ok for wishing me happy birthday a week late. I still get people wishing me a happy birthday here, so one week won't make that much of a difference. Try to send the honeymoon pics again. I really want to see them. I love seeing more pics from your reception. They all make me smile. They make me wish I was there too, but that doesn't last for long. :) My mission is my priority right now. :) Love ya! Kevin: Make sure to take pics when you go to Montana! Also, did you take pics of you and Erin going down Provo River???? I want to see! I love you!!!!!!! Jen: Dace wished me a happy birthday! He's going to make the best big brother ever! I love you! Erin: Wow, you sent me your main email 5 times... I was really confused and read them all to see if they were different. Take it easy on the send button next time. Hahaha! It's so cute that Dace said Happy birthday to me! It makes me sooo happy! I'm so glad Corrie made you breakfast! What concert did you go see? It sounds crazy! I got beer dumped on me, so I know how you feel about that. Some people were just driving by and dumped beer on me. I smelled horrible. Wicket sounds incredible!! I hope I get to see it someday! Did you take pics of going down the Provo River?? I'm soooooooooooooooo glad you went to the Irion's homecoming! I really wish I could have gone, but I'm glad you got to go in my place! The Roner's love you! They are so lucky that they know you! HAHAHAHAHA.... Elder Ary!!! He was my Zone Leader when I was in Asheville. We only served together for 1 transfer before he was transferred. A couple transfers later, he was made AP, so I saw him every now and then. We talked on the phone a few times when we got a date, or our numbers were great, but other than that, I didn't see him much. I know he's really funny and from LA, California I think. No, I haven't written him since he went home... I think he gave me his email though. I'm not going to answer your question about me liking him...I'm still a missionary. :) You're going back to Georgia?!?!?! YAYAYAYAYAYAYA! I'm so happy for you and I hope it works out that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment