Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, June 23, 2014

Brooke 6.23.2014

(Flat Tire...I changed it like a bosssssss!!!!!!!!.....I got thirsty...My hair is officially curly now...The Harris' attacked our door.... I love my Dad!) Hi family!!! So, big news.... we got a flat tire in the middle of Cherokee National Forest, and I changed it!!!!!!!!!! #boss The whole time, I kept thinking to myself how proud you all would be because I did it while it was sprinkling, in the mud, and wearing a skirt, in the middle of the forest. It was sooo cool! I was super dirty and greasy afterwards, but it went well. We're going to the tire shop today to get a new tire. I don't even know what happened. I just hope I don't have to pay for it because I'm the driver. Oh well... the Lord always provides a way. Remember my shirt that got mud splattered on it from a 2 year old? Well, I washed it and now, it's absolutely covered in mildew. The morning we got the flat tire, I felt like I should wear that shirt, but then I kept thinking to myself that it wasn't nice anymore, but I really felt like I should wear it. So, I did. When we got the flat tire, I knew why I was supposed to wear it... so I could change the tire and not ruin another one of my shirts. Tender Mercy!!!!!!!! Also, did you know that if you catch a fire fly (I call them glowing bugs) and smear it on your arm, that it actually leaves a glowing streak of bug guts?? I did it and it actually works!!!!! I didn't get pics, so I'll do it again. Ready for some more drama?? I found out that ANOTHER member here has a crush on me. That makes 2 just here in Johnson City! EWWWWW!!!! I got a call from Ryan (my recent convert who moved to Chicago) and he told me that he just did baptisms for the dead in the Chicago temple!!!! I almost cried I was so happy. I told him that I have been writing everything down, like when he decided to be baptized, his baptism day, the day he got the priesthood, the day he passed the sacrament, and the day he spoke in sacrament. The next day, he texted me and told me, "Since you write everything down, I thought you should know that I blessed the sacrament for the first time today." I almost cried again. I have never felt so full of love as when I've been on my mission. I see people the way the Lord sees them, and I can't contain what I feel. I have never wanted to give absolutely all of me, until I got set apart. It feels like the Pure Love of Christ. It's a feeling that makes the world go round. As a missionary, I experience everything from heart break, to a fullness of joy. Every sorrow is worth feeling that love just once. I've been so blessed to feel it many times. Even when I saw pictures from Michael's wedding, I wanted so badly to have been there, to be in those pictures... but at the same time, I know I'm where I'm supposed to be. It's so weird. I love you more than how big my muscles are from changing a tire!!!!! P.S. We got a new district leader, and he says HUZZAH all the time!! It made me sooo happy!!! Dad: Have fun at Scout Camp this week! Let me know how it all goes! Also, you looked so handsome in the wedding pictures! Of course the wedding was a hit. You guys put it together. 400 people!? Holy cow!! I can't even count that high without losing interest and going to do something else! Wow! I can't wait to see more pictures! Did you see the picture I sent of the quote I saw about DAD? I loved it so much because I thought of you. No joke, that's the truth. I love you Dad!!! Mom: I have a short list of things that I need/want but I'll send it in a different email. I bet Heather was mad! Hahahaha! That's really funny though. It makes me happy that you thought of me on the wedding day. It makes me feel special. I feel sad because I missed out on all of it, but I'm at peace about it. I thought about you guys all day, every day of the whole week. I even wore a coral colored shirt, and a bright blue skirt because I knew that was their wedding colors. It was a pretty horrible outfit, but I've learned to love ugly clothes, so it fit me well. :) Of course the yard was gorgeous!!! You all did so good! You always give 150% of your effort and it always goes great. Mom, don't worry about me. I'll be fine if I never get another letter or another package. The only thing I need is to know that you love me, and you've showed me that my whole life, so anything else is just an extra bonus. There are always things I want, but I have what I absolutely need... that's the Gospel and my family. I've never felt so blessed. I love you. Michael: I'm so happy you're happy! I've never met Anna, but I know you. You are such a good example to me and I'm so blessed to have grown up with you as my brother, friend, body guard, guinea pig for my jokes, and slave. I love you Michael and I can't wait to see more pics of your wedding day! As for your comment about me finding my Mr. Right, we'll see. I don't think I have that kind of luck, but then again, my plans never go as I plan, so again, we'll see. Did you get my wedding card for you? Kevin: You stud muffin!! Erin sent me a few pics of the wedding and I hope I get a companion who's single so she can marry you. :):) Jen: Hahahaha! Thanks for the pictures! You looked so cute in the wedding pictures! So, I'm REALLY looking forward to the 24th!!!! Erin: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Your list of 30 random things made my week! I was laughing/ rolling my eyes the whole time. What kind of spider bit you? It's SOOOO cute that Dace Face cried when you told him I couldn't come to the wedding!!! AWWW! He remembers me? Fool, I've been going through twin withdrawals for 10 months. You're so rich!!! 300 dollars?? WOW! Bahaha! You rebels!!! hahaha, "Brooke." You and your pickles... I ate some yesterday. :) Who visited you from PTC? I LOVEEEEEEE YOUUUU FOOOOOOOOOLLLL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment