Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, June 2, 2014

Brooke 6.2.2014

(Gumbo night!!!...I think he likes me!!...Giraffes(mom note...Brooke does NOT like Giraffes after one sneezed in her face)...A girl can dream...The Horner's moved...Huey got baptized!!) This week was super busy. Huey got baptized!!! He's 9 and he has been passed around by missionaries because we aren't sure exactly what ward he should be in. It was a really neat experience because all 4 sets of his missionaries were able to be at his baptism. Also, we took our investigator, Matt the Atheist, on a team up with us to go see a less-active part-member family. It was an incredible experience! We set up a family mission plan with the Strapp family and Sister Strapp wants to come on team-ups with us! Also, Ed, (the non-member dad) brought his family to church on Sunday! I was talking to Matt afterwards and I found out that he speaks Spanish, so I would say something in Spanish, and he would translate it to English. I was saying random phrases, when all of a sudden, I got a genius idea. I said, "Yo se que hay un profeta viviendo en la tierra hoy." He translated it and said, "I know there is a living prophet on the Earth today." I looked at him and said, "Did you hear how good that sounded coming out of your mouth? That was a testimony." He got the HUGEST smile on his face. He got a kick out of it too, but he also felt the Spirit. He needs to just accept that there is a God who loves him and that he needs to be baptized! Sometimes, I hate agency, because people always use it wrong, but then again, I love it because it's a gift from Heavenly Father and it's how we can progress. I love you more than the number of war chapters there are in the Book of Mormon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment