Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Brooke Letter for the Passing of Grandma Bodily 5.18.2014

(2 photos)****Families are Forever...****because of this place. 5.14.2014 (Sent from Brooke (with President’s encouragement) to the family because of the passing of Grandma Bodily……) Hey family... President called me on Monday night and told me about Grandma Bodily. He gave me permission to write you today and share some thoughts with you. He told me something that has stuck with me. Earlier in the day, I texted him saying, "Hey President, sorry to be a bother, but have you heard if my grandma died yet?" I had been thinking of it constantly since I talked to you on the phone. He replied, "I have not. Did you connect with your mom ok yesterday?" I was probably interrupting something very important during his day, and yet he wanted to know if I was able to call my mom. That, to me, is a character of Christ. He told me that he had just been on the phone with some other distraught parents and he cared enough to ask me that. That night, around 9, he called me to tell me that he had received word that Grandma had passed earlier in the day. He told me that he realized that when I had texted, it was at the same time she died. He told me that I was inspired to ask him at that time. He told me that I now have another guardian angel watching over me. I know that to be true. He also asked me if I would write to you before Friday so you could have my thoughts before the funeral. He actually committed me to write you. He said, "Will you...?" That's a commitment. He cares so much that he wants even my family to be happy. It just shows me that he knows how important family is. It was his Mother's Day weekend too, and he wanted me to be happy. He took so much time out of his holiday, his chance to talk to his kids one last time before he goes home, just to make sure I was taken care of. That's Charity- the pure love of Christ. I can't tell you how many times I've taught the Plan of Salvation to people since I've been on my mission. I can't tell you how many times I've used the phrase, "Families are Forever" since I've been here. I can't tell you how many times I've told people who have lost a loved-one that everything will be alright because of the Atonement. It all meant something new this week. I realized that I am not just there to teach people that... I am here to believe it too. One of the hardest things for me, is knowing that my family is sad, and I can't do anything about it. This week, I have realized that everything really WILL be taken care of. The Atonement is so much more than just a sacrifice for sin. Just like it says in Alma 7:11-12... It's a sacrifice for pains, afflictions, temptations and literally every thing we go through. There's nothing in the world that Jesus Christ hasn't experienced. He suffered for it all. There's a New Era poster in our apartment and it says, "The Savior of all... did it all for you." He did. I know He did. THAT'S why we can know families can be together forever. That's the whole reason we try. Because it's possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I don't want to take up too much of your time with missionary stuff, but I do want to leave my testimony with you that I know Heavenly Father's plan for His children. It's difficult, filled with trials and afflictions, but it's also worth it. "Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life. And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow." Alma 40: 11-12 I love you all and hope you have a great week. Love, Sister Echols

No comments:

Post a Comment