Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, April 14, 2014

Erin Email 4.14.2014

(My food,Our dinner. yum. The Clarke Family Tradition...No Plates, Ellis did my hair... how nice, Our typical walk to church,Gotta love Georgia sunsets, Sister Ellis and I,Us and Candace,Typical Georgai house) Dearest familia, This week was ssoooooooo emotional. We had zone conference on Thursday and it was really good. Afterward, President and I had about an hour conversation. He was saying how it is HIM who has kept me here this long because he didn't want to lose me. He said how selfish he was, but now he needs to be an adult and do what's best for me. We cried together. I think he'll miss me. I never knew how much people liked me until EVERYONE fasted for me. I think President really likes me because he's always so nice to me. He's amazing. I accidently overdosed on my medications (I took twice as much as I should have) and all that day, I felt like I was going to pass out. Then, as we were eating at a member's house that night, I threw up everywhere. Haha, we had to leave. I was so sick. Then, later that night, I threw up again; everything in my organs was now empty. It was so painful. My body didn't like something. I was miserable for the next few days and I literally couldn't eat anything. I ate probably 10 crackers within 3 days. It was so bad. Haha. I'm glad that's over. I now feel all better now. I've never had that sickness before. On Sunday, we went to ward council and Bishop Corbridge announced to everyone that I was leaving. I cried a lot and I couldn't speak. He asked me to share what I felt like and I bawled. Everyone was in tears and they'll all miss me. I couldn't go to church after that because we were invited to a special meeting in Atlanta with a couple of General Authorities. There was only 40 of us invited to that. Incredible. Out of all of us, they talked to me the longest and they seemed soooo sincere. I loved it. A rumor has spread throughout the ward that I've already left. Haha. News spreads fast. Well, I love you all and I'll probably be seeing you soon. Really soon. Too soon. I love you more than Dace Face loves olives!!!!!!!! Letter to her President: Ahoy there, President! This week was INCREDIBLE!!!! From zone conference to the special meeting with Elders Zwick and Giddens..... sooooo cool. I don't think I have ever been to a more inspiring and uplifting meeting in my life. We're not even STL's anymore, but we were still priviledged to have been invited to go to that. Thank you. It was kind of emotional all this week for me. I know that everything is in God's hands, but somehow, it's so hard to accept that. When Elder Zwick asked, "what does it mean to have a pure heart?" My immediate thought to that was the willingness and courage to follow what ever God want you to do.... no matter how hard it is. If I had it my way, I would spend the rest of my mission here, and just ignore my arm. It's just an obstacle that I can get past. In the eternal aspect of things, my arm will be perfect again with no doubt and I know that God will make me perfect. This life is so short and this mission is even shorter. Bishop Corbridge announced yesterday that I was going to be leaving and there were many who had tears in their eyes. All day yesterday, I felt sooo much love. It was the same kind of love that I felt when everyone fasted and prayed for me. It was the same kind of love when I receive a priesthood blessing. It was the same kind of love that God has for me. I never knew how hard it would be to accept the will of God, especially when it's not particularly what you want. I know that I cannot express my gratitude or anything through words because I am really shy and I cannot even begin to tell you how thankful I am because I'm not the best writer. But, in all honesty and sincerely, thank you. Thank you for this incredible experience to build my faith. Until these past few months, I have never really known how much you, Sister Harding, the mission, my friends and family, my ward.... etc. love me. And most importantly, I know how much God loves me. Please let me know how I can help build this mission. And how I can help others build their faith. I love you dearly President! Love always, Sister Echols

No comments:

Post a Comment