Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, March 31, 2014

Brooke Email 3.31.2014

(SISTER MESSER-my new COMPANION!!!...Planking in air!...Sister Hatch...Still doin' hair!... I found Sis Eckman at transfers!...Tape facial hair with Jonet.) Well, Sister Hatch got transferred, and my new companion is Sister Messer from Modesto California. She's been out for 6 months and she just came from... GEORGIA!!! Lucky girl! She is going to be prophet's wife someday. Seriously. She's so great and we get along splendidly! It was so funny, yesterday, she said that she wishes she was artistic, so I told her that she's a "walking master piece." She was like, "because of my parents!" We both just bust up laughing!! It was so funny! Our investigator, Linda, told us that she wants to drink one last time at her Bday party coming up. She said she was going to get wasted. We told her, that as a recovering alcoholic, that's NOT a good idea. We told her to go get something else to drink like DR Pepper or Coke or something. This week, she told us that she has a surprise for us. She brought out two large bottles of sparkling Cherry-limeade!!!! She listened! She's going to drink that instead of alcohol on her Bday! HAHAHAHA! We are trying to help her quit smoking, so we took one of her cigarette boxes and decorated it all cute with paper, pictures of Jesus and President Monson. Inside, we made 20 "Cigarettes." They are strips of paper with scriptures written on them, rolled up like a cigarette, and taped a ton! Every time she wants a cigarette, she gets a Scripturette and has to unwrap all the tape without ripping the scripture so she can read it. By the time she reads it, she forgot she wants a cigarette. She told us that it was working, but sometimes, it makes her want to smoke even more because she gets frustrated. HAHA! Oh, well. You can't win 'em all! I learned this week, that we have TONS of Himalayen (I don't know how to spell it) Possums around here. Usually, that's all you see. It's because they are all road kill, so you see it and say, "Look! Him-A-Layen' " Do you get it?? I thought it was really funny when Sister Messer told me it. This week was an adjustment week because Sister Messer came in and we're still getting used to it. SHE'S AWESOME! I love you more than Chick-Fil-A loves cows! Crazy story about the special fast yesterday!!!!! Our ward's fast Sunday was yesterday and I fasted for Erin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it??? I am so happy that even though I didn't know about it, I was still able to join in! What a tender mercy! Mom: I am writing you a letter. I write a little every week. Luckily, Sister Messer likes to write letters and so we are going to take time to do it every pday. They might be getting lost in the mail or something. Haha! I love seeing pictures from way back when! Blast from the past! Our family is so cute. :) Dad: Thanks for the news! I'm so happy that I got to join in the fast for Erin! I wish President Irion knew about it, so our whole mission could fast too. How has not-being-Bishop been? Do you feel more rested? Do you like sitting in the Pews? Do you like going home after church on Sunday? :) CFFE!!!! (Celestial families for ever!) Michael: You and Anna are so cute together!! When's her birthday? I want to send her a card, I hope I haven't missed it. Thanks for the pictures too! You're new job is not something I would EVER go into, but that's just me. But I hope it's the kind of job that you like. :) Kevin: You're email must have not sent again. Well, till next week.... LOVE YOU~ I hear you did great on your talk! Das ma boi!! Jen: Thank you for writing me!! I don't care if it's short... it means a lot when you do. :) love ya! Mom....I'm not training, but I'm senior comp... and the driver. This is not me writing you back, this is just me finishing my email. Being a missionary is the hardest, funnest, saddest, happiest, most stressful, blissful, crazy thing I've ever done in my life. And it's worth every minute of it. I found out that in Brevard, Jeff (recent convert) is leaving the church, Austin (recent convert) has fallen off the face of the earth, Pearce family blocked the missionaries' number/won't respond. (They will always have a spot in my heart. They are my friends always, whether members or not). CRAZY! At least I know that I did all that I could have done. I did my part. The rest was in Sis P's hands, and it's not my fault. All I can say is that I did my best, and that's all the Lord asks. I can't wait to see you again! P.S. I've got my humor back since I was with Sister Hatch and now with Sister Messer! I'm hilarious again! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zip-a-dee-do-daaaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment