Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Brooke Email 2.3.2014

(me and Sis P...David made us 'Snowcream'...fun with magnifying glass...Elder Bybee, me, Sis P, and Elder Boore at the BILTMORE) I've gotta say... yesterday was the best day at church that I've ever had! We had 9 of our investigators come, but the best part was Sunday School. David and Michelle, and also Temple, Martha and Caitlyn, and Olivia came to sunday school. David bore such a powerful testimony... He said that when we started out teaching him, he was just looking for stuff to prove us wrong the next time we came. He said it didn't take long for him to realize the truth. He talked about Sis P and I and how we'd brought peace to his family and to him. He was like, "about 6 weeks ago, these two..." (he couldn't think of a word to describe us) and Temple was like, "Brats!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Funniest thing! Seriously though, when he bore his testimony, EVERY body was crying and it was so wonderful to see the Spirit work on them. If I never find/teach anybody else my entire mission, I'll feel successful because I got to meet the Pearce family. Also, I sometimes complain about living in a worn out appartment and say that I wish we had lived in a nicer one, but truth is, I wouldn't change it for anything because I never would have met Temple. We stop in to visit with Temple and her son John (12 years old) all the time because they're our next door neighbors. This week, John came out and was like, "Sisters! Can I be baptized in 2 weeks??" We were like YES!!!! Him and David are going to be baptized this next sunday! We are going to have Sacrament meeting, Sunday school, and then instead of R.S. and Priesthood we are going to have the baptisms and them have a celebratory Potluck afterwords. BEST LAST SUNDAY EVER!!!! So, I've gotta tell you, David has a word that he says all the time. It's SHUMON. (I hope I spelled it right.) It means agreed, or yes, or let's do it. I think it's awesome! He also made us the Snowcream that's in the picture. It is made with snow, vanilla, sugar, egg, milk, and love. :) It's the best! On Saturday, we got to watch a broadcast of Elder L. Tom Perry. He went to Knoxville to have a conference for our mission. Our zone was the one they told not to come. They said it was because it was too far, but I feel left out. I wish we could have gone. He said that even if the world legalized sin, God doesn't. :):):):):) He's so funny too! I love you more than I love Gerard Butler!!! (woah, that means A LOT) ;D Mom: Why are you going to Montana? Was it a spur of the moment thing? How long will you be there? Are you staying with Natha or Lisa? The Biltmore was so amazing! I'll own it someday... jk. I wish I could have taken pictures inside, but it wasn't allowed. At least there are probably pics on google. It was by far my favorite Pday ever!!!! I love getting your cards! I liked the cookie one because it was like BROOKIE-COOKIE! You know me so well. Dad: I'm so glad that the White's and the Larsons are doing so well! I don't really know the others, but it's good to know that they are doing good too. Is Jose having a hard time? I hope everything works out. Have you seen FROZEN? I've heard so much about it and I can't wait to see it! LOVE YOU! Kevin: I am SOOOOO jealous that you're going to Montana with mom!!! Yes, tell Heather HI for me. Tell her, "Inside out oreos FOREVER!" and then touch her hair for me. :) She'll know it was from me. Answer these questions... 1) what was your most awkward moment? 2) If you could have any real talent, what would it be? 3) If you were a Marvel or DC superhero, who would you be? 4) What is your favorite scar, and where did you get it from? 5) What's your dream vacation? 6) If you could hang out with any celebrity, who would it be? 7) If you had the chance to take the girl of your choice on a date to a Justin Bieber concert, would you do it? 8)What is your favorite non-electronic thing to do? 9) On a scale of 1-10, how much do you love me? JK! Don't answer that. :) 10) If you had the choice to either A-spend 5 years in Disneyland without EVER leaving or B-NEVER go again, what would you choose? Love ya! Michael: Wow, I can't believe I forgot that you can't smell...awkward. :) When I said "future family" I meant your future in-laws. How many kids are in her family? Are you still working at Ancestry? When you're not at work, or with Anna, what do you do? You did very well on choosing her ring, by the way. :) NICE WORK! SCORE! I hope you have a magical week! Jen: I hope you liked the birthday card! I thought of you when I saw it. :) Thanks for the update on your life! How long do you think you'll be cub master? Brian's in YM?? He'll be so good at that! Thank Dace for me for his email he sent me. MUAH!~

No comments:

Post a Comment