Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, February 24, 2014

Brooke Email 2.24.2014

(Sister Hatch...Me...Coolest Bible EVER...What you learn in the South) HEYEYEYEYEYEY! This week, we got a text from Ryan (our main investigator). He's 21 I think and he's awesome! We got a text from late Saturday night and he said, "I really need to talk to you guys tomorrow." We were FREAKING out!! We thought he was going to drop us! Sunday morning, we texted him his usual wake-up-and-get-to-church text. He responded that he would be there but that he was really struggling today. !!!! Again! We were really worried. When he got to church, we asked him why he was struggling. He said that it was because he was so tired. PHEW! After Sacrament, he pulled us aside and said that he wanted to talk about the text he sent last night. Uh oh... here we go. He was like, "I've decided that I want to be baptized." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's been meeting with the sisters for 5 months and FINALLY made up his mind. :):):):):):):) He told us that he knows it's true. I almost got teary. I'm so happy! Also, We found a new investigator this week! His name is Phil and he's a mountain man. Our church starts so early! It's on Mayflower Rd. in Johnson City (so we have to travel a ways) and it starts at 9 am! That's not the early part...for our meetings, we have to be there BY 7! We get up before 6 to get there on time. WOWZA! Everyone here tells me I look like Sister Clove(she's the one I just replaced). They all say that I look exactly like her from behind, but when they realize it's just me, they can't help but be disappointed. Rude! It's pretty funny though. :) I miss Brevard, but I'm going to love Johnson City. :) I keep having dreams about Brevard and the people in it. It's kind of crazy! I hope to hear from you all soon! Love you mucho! P.S. Is Erin a Spanish missionary now? I love you more than Gerard Butler doesn't realize he loves me!!!! Mom: I have spring fever too. All I want to do is play sports, lay in the sun, and eat otter pops. That's the life! Steve Downey will be a great bishop... he had someone awesome to learn from. I got a package from Michele Downey... it had lotion(my new favorite kind), and also a purple scarf, and a nail manicure set. SO CUTE! Is Grandma doing better? That's kind of scary that she had to go to the ER. I love the Garcia family and I will DEFINITELY keep them in my prayers. I hope they will do better. Dad: You're not bishop anymore?!?!?!?!?! How do you feel?? I was expecting it, but it's still weird because I'm not there, so it kind of feels fake. What do you do in your spare time? I bet you have a lot more now, but it's still weird! Michael: Send me pics of you and Anna! I want to see her clothes style and how cute you two are together! You have to send me TONS of info about your guys' story together... pics, details, etc. :):) I'm so excited for you! I can't even contain it! Kevin: 1) Australia- I'd rock the accent 2) Anaheim- Disneyland 3) Gerard Butler, Katniss Everdeen, Peeta, Jacob Black, Han Solo, Selena Gomez, Liam Neeson, Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Kiera Knightley 4) Hunger Games... Boom Baby! 5) Gerard Butler-DUH 6) Te'alc (however you spell it) 7) I love all of Mom's food, but I really like her ham/peas/potatoes 8) Never... I would sacrifice it so I could enjoy the rest of her other food 9) I'm not sure... It would be awesome, but I don't know 10) Jesus.... hahahaha...missionary answer 10) I would be able to breath under water! Now on to my questions... 1) If you were a fish, which body of water would you live in? Atlantic, Pacific, lake, river, pond, ect. 2) If you could have the voice of any singer, who would you choose? 3) If you were famous, what would you be famous for? 4) Which celebrity do you have a crush on? (girls only please) :) 5) What is your favorite movie? 6) If you lived in Hotel Transylvania, which character would you be? 7) If you had to fight either a) Liam Neeson, 2) Brad Pitt, 3) the Rock, 4) Davy Jones, or 5) Wolverine... who would you choose to fight? 8) What is your favorite child-hood memory? 9) If you were in the Olympics, which sport would you want to be in for? 10) What is your favorite summertime activity? Jen: Brian IS a dork! I did get Dace's valentine! SUPER CUTE! Thanks for helping him remember his favorite aunt! I would agree that you belong in TN. I can see you livin' it up out here. I like to show people our family picture, and they (YSA) ask about you and they're super disappointed when I say that you're married! hahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment