Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, February 17, 2014

Brooke email 1.17.2014

(Goodbye Sister Paxton: My Golden Pearce Family: The traveling Party .Bybee. Echols. Southard. Flynn: SNOW) Familia!! This week was INSANE! On Saturday, I got the call that I was leaving on Wednesday. We decorated the Pearce's door with Valentine's day stuff (a lot of it) and we went on our way. On Tuesday, I got another call that said I was leaving early and had to leave immediately because of the major storm that was coming. I packed literally everything and got it down the stairs and in the car. Then, I got ANOTHER call that said we were too late to leave to beat the storm and had to wait until Friday to leave. So, I got everything back upstairs in the apartment and then the storm hit. For 2 days, we had continuous snow and had a snow day at the Bakers. We watched Legacy, Johnny Lingo, the Best 2 years, 17 miracles, and a documentary on the Book of Mormon. Finally, on Friday, we went to President Van's house and had a huge snowball fight while we waited for 2 more elders to show up. He took us(me, sis p, elders Woolums, Bybee, Bills, Flynn, Southard, and Hansen) to Waynesville. There, President Irion and Sister Irion met us there and took me, Elders Bybee, Southard, and Flynn to our new destinations. On the drive there, he told me that I was going to Johnson City! I had no idea where that even was. When we got to Johnson City, I met the missionaries in my new district. All the sisters hugged me and Sister Sharlie Hatch gave me a hug. She was like, "I'm your new companion." OH! No one had told me, so I was pretty lost... I thought I didn't have a companion. I had to ask her what state we were in because I had no clue. She told me we were in Tennessee. OH! again. This was the weirdest transfer EVER. It was my first time being transferred and I completely missed the meeting. I just didn't go because I was snowed in in Asheville. CRAZINESS! Talk about a weird few days. I love you more than missionaries love snow days!!! I'm in the Johnson City West area in the Kingsport East zone in Tennessee. We live in a town called Jonesborough which I guess is the oldest town in eastern Tennessee or something?? Mom: You can just put the packages in my room... it's just full of stuff that branch members gave me and some clothes. I'm glad you liked my Valentine's card! I really liked it too. Dace is so stinkin' cute! He's so grown up... and I'm REALLY glad that he doesn't throw tantrums anymore. He's a man now. It's so cool that you got to do Sister Holden's temple names! I know she'll be super excited about it. Did you enjoy your few days with the boys at camp?? Of course you did! I know you well. I'm really excited for the Easter package... and I'm also excited for May to come because we can ... SKYPE again!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYA! Dad: It was kind of hard to move to a new area, but I felt ready. I loved Brevard, but I'm excited to be in Johnson City. Did you go on the campout too? What kinds of things did you do? It sounds like your Valentine's day date with mom was a hit! You are such a stud muffin. Michael: Anna is TINY! I hope you'll be able to find a job you like. One where the boss is nice. Would you rather be a) extremely hairy, or b) extremely bald, what would you choose? Kevin: Answer my questions! I don't remember what I asked, so you'll have to go back and look. :) I hope it was a good week for you! Jen: Brian wrote me! He's so funny... If I had another brother-in-law, he'd be my second favorite. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love him! Dace is so grown up now! What fun are you planning for the summer/springtime?

9 comments:

  1. Your Golden Pearce family misses you more than you know. Michelle and i were talking the day you left and both agree you have the purest heart of any person we've ever met!! We love and miss you already. Victoria really misses you.We went to Church yesterday and Martha was baptized. Everything was great. We will be awaiting letters to come fast so we know where you are and that you're ok. From your golden Pearces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Pearce.....Brooke (Sister Echols) loves your family so very much and will miss you dearly. You are one of the best things that has happened to her in North Carolina. She will continue to keep in contact from you. Bless you Pearce Family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We appreciate the response back. Let her know we are thinking about her. You should be very proud of her. I only hope my daughter grows up just like her. She is one in a lifetime! Have her get in touch asap. Thanks Echols family and bless you as well. !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have her contact you next week if you haven't heard from her by then. She is now in Johnson City Tennessee. Just North of you. I have been lucky to have two more daughters just like her. I really got lucky in that department. I couldn't have asked for any better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Mr.Echols have done an excellent job. That young lady knows the bible and the book of Mormon front to back up and down. Michelle and I were very impressed with her knowledge of both books. She opened my eyes to alot ive been missing. She is very special to our family. I wish she lived next door. LoL Thank you for allowing her to do what she's doing. Shes an Angel ~¡~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle's cell# is (919) 920-9914
    417 Neely Rd
    Brevard NC 280712

    If you can get a message to her to call Michelle asap she really wants to talk to her. I think we may have to take a trip to her new Ward soon and surprise her. Lol Thanks again Mrs.Echols

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pearce Family....Thank you for your very kind words. You are a very special family to Brooke. I will pass on your information to her. I know she won't see the email until Monday, but she will get it. Expect to hear from her on Monday. Is there an Email as well???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle email is mlthigpen@yahoo.com.

    David email is pearcedavid8497318@gmail.com


    Thanks again for your kindness. We look forward to hearing from her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brooke is asking her Mission President if she can have permission to call you. She has to get permission as she are not in your area anymore. If not, she can only email your family on Mondays or write letters once a week. I hope that she can get permission to call you.

    ReplyDelete