Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, January 20, 2014

Erin email 1.20.2014

Dearest Familia, This week has been crazy. We managed to get a total of 21 people on date to be baptized. We have worked our tushies off and seen the miracles from those efforts. Sis W and I don't really get a long because she doesn't understand the kind of pain I'm in. She has never broken anything or had any restrictions. I have to be the one to adapt to her because she isn't willing to change any of her ways. It's really hard. The only time we really get a long is when we're teaching someone about the gospel. Then we're extremely powerful and we bring people closer to Christ. Everyone here calls us the BOMB COMPANIONSHIP because we're literally on fire. We work extremely hard and we get miracles from working hard. We get to go on exchanges all the time with other sisters to help raise their vision and faith and then they start to work just as hard as us. The field is really white and ready to harvest, in fact, the field has caught on fire, at least here in Georgia. I've been teaching multiple people in Spanish. They all think I'm fluent when I'm really not even close. There was a guy who pretended to not speak any English and so I started to speak to him in Spanish and it nearly darn blew him over. He was so shocked that a white girl could speak Spanish. It turns out that he didn't know any Spanish and he was just trying to get rid of us. It was the funniest thing ever. When He realized that we had caught him red-handed. He confessed and we had a good laugh about it. He invited us to come back after that. Haha. I have to say... my two favorite things about missionary work is the friends I make and the people I love. I LOVE inviting people to be baptized. When they say yes, my heart swells, when they say no. My heart swells some more and I know that they'll get another chance. It's weird to think that I see things in a more eternal perspective now. It doesn't sound like me. Well, I love you all and I can't wait to see you in less than 400 days! Love, Erin Dad: I love you and I know you'll bless so many more lives! Are you still bishop? When do you get released? Mom: I'm glad you enjoyed Olive garden, do you realize that that was the last place we ate before you'll never see me again? Wow. Crazy. Michael: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm so happy for you! I hope Anna is too! You two are so cute together even though I haven't even met Anna. Kevin: I LOVE YOU! Get better! Stop throwing up please. Jennifer: it's been a while since I've heard from you and I hope you're doing well. Everyone else: Sorry if I forgot anybody, you know me... bad memory. haha. I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! PS I've gotten to go to several doctors this week and they all still don't know what to do with me. I think I'm reaching a dead end here pretty soon. I might have to have you send me some pain or sleeping drugs, so I can sleep. My body shakes from the lack of sleep I get. I stay up all hours of the night because my arm hurts. darn. I think my nerves are getting worse because the numbness is spreading. (Andersen and Aldous)(Sister Ellis and I) (first time washing the car manually in warm georgia weather)(Just for Dad)

No comments:

Post a Comment