Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, December 2, 2013

Brooke 12.02.2013

This week, as you know, was thanksgiving! We ate at Karla Bertleschoffer's house with her son Jonathan, and her Aunt and Mom. It was pretty fun. We were able to sneak in the gospel as we talked to them. Also, Sister Paxton is great! She's very different from Sister Eckman, but I know we'll be good friends. It's hard to change companions, but she really is great. Apparently at transfers, President Irion called Sister Paxton to tell her that he was putting her with a missionary that he really likes. He didn't tell her it was me, but he said he likes me! That's a start, right? :) haha. So, people here know Erin better than they know me! It's a good thing we have a lot of fun stories, otherwise people wouldn't know me at all. :P So, we got some more snow this week! It actually stuck to the ground, but it was mostly melted by the next day. Also, we got so much rain that it flooded the area where we live. It's a good thing that we live in the upstairs apartment, if you know what I mean... On thanksgiving, I met a lady who lives here, but she went to Orem High! She was here visiting her relatives, but she knew the Orem Tiger school song as well! This week, we set a baptismal date with Shane Owen! He is Shirley Owen's son. (She was baptized probably about 5 years ago) He has a fear of water, but I know he can overcome that. Shane even came to church! We also have been teaching Shirley Owen's brother, Robbie, and he said that he wants to be baptized too. And, we have been teaching Shirley Owen's cousin, Dennis, and his sisters, Martha, Ady, and Bobby. And Martha's daughter Katelyn, and Her grandma, Opaly. We just plan on baptizing the whole family!! So, at night time, my mind has been so active and crazy that Sister Paxton and I decided that I should make a TV series! My dreams are insane! How has good old Orem been? We have been getting crazy weather warnings here in Brevard. At 2 in the morning, the warning sound went off, so we checked our phone, and it said a massive ice storm was coming and that we should stay inside! Luckily, it passed over us. We met with a 26 year old guy named Sam, and he's really prepared for the gospel, but he doesn't want to accept it. :( Life as a missionary. At least I get to call home in exactly 23 days!!!!!!! That will be the highlight of my mission so far! :) :) :) :) :) I seriously can't wait! I don't think I'll be able to Skype, but I will call for sure! Also, I have some jam and stuff that I'm sending home. I don't want to carry it around my whole mission, so you can enjoy it! You can count it as your Christmas presents! Also, at thanksgiving... I tried Greenbean casserole for the first time.. BLECH! I felt like I was eating a salamander! Oh well. :) Michael: You have a girlfriend?!?!?!? And you didn't tell me? I know all, so don't try to deny it. :) Give me some details, boy! By the way, 15 months is plenty of time for me to have a new sister-in-law and a new niece/nephew by the time I get home. ;) Get a move on! Kevin: Just think, in 23 days, you'll get to hear my voice! I know, not anything spectacular, but it's something! :):) I love you too! Dad: Thank you for sharing your missionary experiences with me... I really like it a lot. It helps me to know that I've got some of your blood in me, so I know I'll survive. :) It helps me also to know that you love me! :) Mom: Holy cow! Dace Face looks so old! He's getting so big! Next time I see him, he'll be helping Erin do some quantum physics. I love the news about the family that you share with me! Thanks! Jen: You're son is so big! I can't really decide if he looks like you more, or Brian, but hey, you did good. He is one cute kid. I got me some new boots.
This is Karla... we ate thanksgiving with her
It snowed on thanksgiving
This area got flooded
we now have a lake outside from all the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment