Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, November 25, 2013

Erin Conversation with Mom 11.25.2013

((Erin is the Bold letters and Mom is the italic letters)) My new comp is Sister Perkins. This will be the longest 3 months of my life. I'm her trainer, and she doesn't even have a testimony. Then you are her companion that she needs. You are supposed to help her find that she does have one. It may not be strong, but it is there. She will develop it in your care. Just let her know how you have gotten yours and how it needs to be fed in order to grow. YOU CAN DO IT. You are AwEsOmE! MOMMY!!!!!!! I love you! Please, pray for me harder than you ever have in your life. If these three months don't kill me, I'll shrivel into oblivion. Heavenly Father knows that you can do it otherwise he wouldn't have given the assignment to you. I know that it is hard and overwhelming. Just know that this was given to you probably not for you but for Sister Perkins. Maybe she will go on to a full time mission because of you. If not, the three months will be for her benefit. I am so glad that you are her companion. I will keep her in our prayers as well as you. We will beat that Beast (Devil)!!!!! And you are a wonderful missionary for doing this. A GREAT Sacrifice. President Harding says that this companionship is from a revelation... for what though? I'm not good enough to do this. Shannon Clarke can tell I'm struggling, so she is constantly giving me "mom hugs''. Thank goodness for her. I'm having Thanksgiving with her. It is a Revelation. This young lady needs you! You are the one that will help her the most. Get to know her and you will love her. She may be different, but it is YOU that she needs. She obviously has some hardships in her life that you don't know about. Have some heart to heart talks with her. Talking to her is hard. She doesn't speak. She acts like she doesn't want to be here. She is though. She may not act like it, but it sounds like she is testing the waters (so to speak). If this is a bad experience for her it will taint her perception on the church. If it is good, Her testimony will grow and you will have had a hand in that. But....it ultimately is her decision on what will become of it. Just try and do your best. That is all that is expected of you. President Harding knows that you are the one to help her. I am loving the pictures. You have had a lot of fun with those girls. Did Aldous get transferred? This was super fun. My arm hurts still. Aldous is still here... THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if I could handle any of this if she wasn't here. She's my bff out here. I have never cried so much in my life, in front of people. I bawl at least 10 times a day, no matter where I am, even in front of members and nonmembers. I'm going back to the surgeon next week or the week after. My PT says they'll x-ray it and do one of 3 things: rebreak it, surgery, or hope for the best. My luck is that they won't find anything, but it still hurts as if I broke it yesterday. Just so you know. I found Bryn Stevens! Where did you find Bryn????? Did you go to a Zone Conference? She just flew in. I thought I was going to be her trainer... transfer meeting. Let’s just say, I'm an emotional mess. This last three months were long, but these next three months will be looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg. I hope I have to get surgery on my arm. I just want the pain to stop. I'm so stressed over everything right now. If I didn't live with Aldous and Burckle, I'd probably quit. I am sorry that you didn't get Bryn. You did get Sister Perkins for a reason. I just feel it deep in my heart. You have to break down the walls that she has. I hope that your arm will be ok. I wish that you didn't have that to worry about as well. Don't quit. You would regret that so much in the coming years. Oh, I'm trying my hardest. Sorry, we're eating thanksgiving at the Leavitt’s, we get Shannon for CHRISTMAS! I seriously don't know what I'd do if I didn't have a pday to talk to you. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do... worse than quitting basketball and losing my friends. Let’s just say, that my next companions will be a breeze. Yes. You may get all your hard ones up front and then it will be a breeze. Just know that you will get to "talk" to me each pday. Yay!!!!! 15 months seem like a long time to "talk" to you. I can't wait until I can squeeze you until your eyes bulge. I am sure that your eyes will be bulging with my hug back to you! Who ever knew that a mission would be so hard? I think I just have terrible luck and get the hardest of hard. That means that you will be the best Relief Society President around. Those make the most understanding people in their callings. They have experienced the worst of things and can help most everyone when they are struggling. Let’s hope that all this is for a reason, otherwise, this time sucks. Maybe, hopefully, I'll cry out all my tears and have none left. Seriously though, Aldous Burckle and Shannon Clarke are my 3 saviors at this time. Thank goodness for them. I also look very forward to pdays when I can talk to you. You will have tears. I still do. I am glad that you still have these other sisters to come home to. Shannon is there to talk to you at any time. Use that to your advantage. She can help you. I look forward to pdays as well. I miss my girls. But....I know you are where you are needed more than your mommy. I try to talk to Shannon, but I don't want to act like I'm gossiping, she can tell I hurt. She can tell that this is rough. Erin....Shannon is like me. She will not think you are gossiping at all. She can give you good advice. She is inspired as well and will know how to help you. She is like me, so TALK to her from your heart. Tell her everything. How do I tell her how I feel if sister P is right there? That would just be awkward. I will let Shannon know so she can get you alone for a few minutes without your companion. Thank you. Ya, I'll just follow her like a lost puppy. I love her. Sis P uses the bathroom a ton, so I jump on that opportunity with the other sisters. If your companion is kept busy with maybe BriAnne (Shannon Clarke’s daughter) Shannon can talk to you in private. Ya, hopefully. I could really use that time. The Clarkes are my favorite people ever. We're having Christmas with them. I am so glad. Make the time in the morning if possible. She wants to feed you breakfast. But on Thanksgiving when you go for dessert....she will find the time to pull you aside to help you to make it through this tough time. I LOVE THE CLARKES!!!!!! I'm so thankful that God gave me them, when He took away you. I don't know what I’d do without them or you. Sis P wakes me up about 4 times each night. I was getting 5ish hours of sleep on average; I'm now back down to 2. My body shakes because of the lack of sleep. Why is she up? She just walks around like a zombie. I have to go now, I love you mom, more than a cell phone loves its charger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE PRAY!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! look who I found... Bryn Stephens (from Orem Utah-next street over)
My new Companion Sister Perkins
The Matheny family know me well, they got me an early christmas present!
Having a little fun the night before Transfers.

No comments:

Post a Comment