Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Brooke 11/12/2013

Well, this week was pretty weird. Sorry I didn't write yesterday... the library was closed because of Veteran's day. For a while, we had been trying to get a hold of Sherry (one of our investigators), but it seemed like she'd fallen off the face of the earth. On Sunday, all of our plans were falling through and so we were just walking around on foot, out in the cold. For some reason, we decided to take the long way to our car. When we were turning the corner that led to our car, Sherry comes walking around the corner. She was just as shocked to see us as we were to see her. We were able to help her and she had her very first spiritual experience! It was incredible! Also, Diego came to church on Sunday with his son, Oliver! Probably the cutest baby I've ever seen besides Dace Face. It was fast and testimony meeting, so it could have been weird, but it turned out really well. Luckily! Oh ya, I cut my hair and donated it for locks of love!! Again! It was 15'' and the haircut cost 15$... EXPENSIVE! For the first time since birth, it's shorter than Erin's! Ya, my hair is super short. it takes me about 10 seconds to brush it now... very different. Every one says I look older because of it... I think I look the same. I love you mumsy!!! You are the best, I mean Meanest mom in the world! Bonnie and Annie got baptized! There were more than 50 people there! It was pretty amazing. Bonnie was really nervous, but she knows it's right. She did great. Annie was dancing around and singing and bouncing off the walls. She was super excited! Our teeny tiny branch is slowly but surely getting bigger. This week, we went through our Area book and found a former investigator who had met with the missionaries 5 or 6 years ago. We called him and asked if he was still interested and he said YES! We met with him last night, and it was super awkward. He just kept trying to "shake our faith." No wonder he's a FORMER investigator. We had our first apartment inspection and the Arnold's couldn't find anything we could improve on. Mom and Dad, you taught me well. I know I say this every week, but it's still true... getting emails and such from all of you is the HIGHLIGHT of my week! I will look forward to every Pday because of them. Thank you. We are supposed to get a blizzard tonight. Brrrr! So, how did the fence break? Did Michael or Kevin try to plank on it?? :) I noticed in the picture of the Retirement Center building down our street, you can't see the mountain anymore! Sad day! I love you more than the threads in a spider web! (Honestly, missions are hard, but I know it will be worth it. I'll have to take it on Pday to the next so I'll make it to the end. Haha!) Michael: Legos are a great idea! I think I'll go buy a coloring book too. :) Where did you get your awesome chef's coat? BYUI? Kevin: I got 2 of your 3 messages. Yay! Seriously though, request to Dad that we have all of our homecoming talks on the same day. That would be superb! Not to mention memorable! Dad: I'm glad Aleece is doing better. Tell her I said HI. It sounds like work is pretty crazy right now. Hopefully it settles down a little bit. The Garcia's will LOVE the Latino Christmas Devotional! I'm so excited that you get to go with them! I'm also glad that you liked my snake story. I'm sure I'll have more to share in the future letters. The Spitfire is really coming along... nice work Daddio! Mom: Wow, sounds like you've spent a ton of time doing work in the yard lately. I love the missionary board! You did such a good job! So, in that picture that is of Heather, is she trying to replace Erin and I in our Oreo???? ahaha. It's great that Michael is making fudge for you! Jen: How do the Bodells like SoJo? Any news for me? Are you still going to bring out SnowFlake for Dace Face? Is that a tradition? 15'' Later...
Sister Eckman, Bonnie Wiles, Bartel Van Oostendorp IV, Me, Annie Van Oostendorp
Only in the south

No comments:

Post a Comment