Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, October 14, 2013

Brooke 10/14/2013

This week was amazing. I didn't get transferred, so I'm still here in Brevard. We got a referral about a month ago from a woman who had been inactive and she ended up having a baby with a guy named Diego. She's active now and wants to introduce him to the gospel. We met him for the first time this week and he's really ready for the gospel. He told us that he will do what it takes and make the changes necessary to find out the truth. Also, we committed Bonnie for baptism!! I thought my heart was going to explode from fear because I was the one to extend the commitment. She said yes and it was amazing!!! She came to church on Sunday! We got a call from our district leader this morning... his first question was, "are you both alive and well?" It was kind of weird. A member in his ward had told him that a missionary had just been killed and he thought it was us. As it turns out, it was a missionary serving in California from our area. It it kind of crazy having people think you're dead. I fasted this week! For the first time in who knows how long. I was practically shaking apart when we were able to eat. Have you ever been rushed by a pig? Talk about intimidating. I wish we got pictures... I thought it was going to nuzzel me with its nose! Also! We went to a gourmet restaurant on top of a mountain. the chef is a friend of ours and he invited us to eat there free! He even came out and introduced us to the band and VIP's who were there. It was really cool! I had to take a stress-test this week for part of my training. There are four stages Green(good), yellow(ok), orange(get help now), and red(you're probably going to die soon). I was yellow! Yay! I'm doing better than I thought! I accidently killed a frog this week. It was under the tire and I didn't warn sister Eckman when she was backing out. oops. I hope it had repented. People here consider me to be a blonde. Like, literally. They think my hair is yellowish and not brown. Some people. Anywho...we went and volunteered at an alzheimers unit yesterday. It was funny and great. People here don't refer to us as the sister missionaries. They call us the sisters Echk. Haha! Missions are stressful! It makes normal life look like a walk in the park. I don't know if I've told you this, but southerners love pudding! They eat it with practically every meal. I think I'm going to be sick of pudding by the time I leave. :) How's yuins doin'? I love you more than all the toothless people there are in the south. Woop woop! I don't think we're doing anything fun today. I hope we just get to stay home and write letters. We went bowling last week with some of the elders, and one of them was going home Wednesday... lucky guy. I love you mom, more than you possibly know. You and Dad have made me into the person I am. Seriously, the best part of the week is P-day when I get to hear from everyone. Sister Eckman says that fades, but I don't think it will. I will always think P-day is the best because I get to hear from the people that mean the most to me. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment