Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, September 30, 2013

From Brooke 9/30/2013

(We went BMX biking as a district, Look at the street that I found on my GPS :), We get fancy making food out of random stuff, Sister Eckman went to a member's house and found this sign waiting for us!) THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SENDING ME ERIN'S EMAIL! I loved it! How has everything in Orem been? This week has lasted a year. Things are so spread out here... it takes us at least an hour to drive to zone conferences and whatnot. The lingo here is really weird. I have had tons of people tell me that I have a weird accent... they then ask me where I'm from and I say UTAH. They think my accent is super thick. Sometimes, they say that I sound like a foreigner. I couldn't stop laughing when people tell me that because I have just as hard a time understanding them. It rains so much here. Would it be possible that you could send me rainboots, or should I get them here somewhere? I agree with what Erin said... everyone here has at least a few dogs and cats. Some people have really weird pets too. My branch president has a pet pig, I know a lady who has a pet squirrel, some have indoor rabbits, and all of them have fleas. I guess I can tell you now... I cut my thumb to the point where it needed stitches, but it's all better now and I have a neat scar(the only reason I told you is because it is FINE now). There's no need to worry. We had the cops surround our building in the middle of the night because of a break-in. I guess I'll have to catch up on sleep in 17 months. :) Erin sounds like she's doing pretty well! She is SOOOO funny! It sounds like she has a lot of crazy experiences. She is an amazing missionary, and I hope that I can be as awesome as she is. I didn't have much happen this week besides that we taught the Clifford family (4 with a baptismal date) and they told us that only one of their daughters is going to be baptized and the rest aren't. :( It was kind of sad, but that's the way it is. "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to DANCE in the rain." "When it gets too hard to stand, kneel." I got proposed to this week by a drunk guy. Twice. AWKWARD. Oh! Sister Eckman and I were doing some tracting and it was getting dark. We started to go up someones drive... (it's one of those that goes into the forest for about a mile before you get to the house) and we were about halfway up it when all of a sudden I felt to 'go no further.' I started to feel super panicky and told Sister Eckman to stop right now. I felt that we had to get out of there and get out NOW. We booked it out of there as fast as we could. I don't know why we weren't supposed to go up there, but I'm glad that I didn't find out. I feel scared even just thinking about the experience. What happened to DC? Was there a shooting some where? Have you heard about FEMA? Look it up. Also this week, we were tracting and met a nice old couple. They weren't interested in what we had to say, but they kept trying to set us up with their 9 grandsons who were all 'very good looking.' I was like "We're missionaries!" Thank you again for sending me Erin's email. I love loopholes. I have been starving for info about her. It sounds like she's getting a lot of gifts. I had a dream last night that I got emergency transferred, but they sent me to Erin's mission. WE WERE COMPANIONS! We didn't sleep at all in the night, because we played with glow sticks. So, I've been waking up tired everyday because Erin keeps me up all night. ;) DON'T TELL HER THIS, but I think I'm going to send her something. :) It will surprise her and hopefully make her day. I'm sending home a letter in the mail today! Look for it! I love y'all more 'en awll those pesky fleas y'all got thrrr.... (I still don't have an accent)
Sign at Members home.
Fancy Food
Street I found on my GPS
We went BMX biking as a district

No comments:

Post a Comment