Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Monday, September 9, 2013

Brooke 9.9.2013

Mumsy! I'm so glad that your surgery went well! If you do start bruising, I want to see pictures! My companion, Sister Eckman, thinks I'm nuts. She thinks that I fit every stereotype of a Utah Mormon girl. Oh well. I'm Utahn and proud of it. That storm sounds freaky. I live in an apartment with Sister Eckman. Only us. There are 3 more apartments in this building and all of them are filled with smokers. Our apartment smells horrible because of it. I'm going to come home from my mission with lung cancer because of all the cigarette smoke I'm breathing in everyday. EWWW! I realized that I really don't like dogs. We keep getting attacked by them... big and little. I hope you liked my extremely long and hard to read letter I sent you. I had a lot of stuff to tell you. Missionary work is hard. Like really REALLY hard. I know it's worth it, but I keep thinking, "What the heck did I get myself into?" haha. Being a missionary is a good thing, but I've never been so tired in my life. I feel like I lay down and the alarm goes off. It is hard to not make fun of people's accents here. Oh! Some random information about North Carolina... No one flushes toilets here! I think it's a lost art.I wish P-Days were longer. Maybe even twice a week. :) THAT would be nice. We met a woman who I thought was drunk, but i guess that's just her personality. Her name is Sherry and she is really interested in the Gospel. I love crazy people... they always make for fun stories. I met a gay black guy named Tyrel... hillarious. He said, "girl, if you can fix my watch, I'll dance at your wedding!" and, "Next time y'all come around, I need to get my camera. (why?) So I can take a picture of you and put it on my ceiling!" SO FUNNY! How's Erin doing? I worry because if I think it's super hard, then I really worry about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment