Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Brooke 9.4.2013

I got your cinnamon rolls! They were so yummy! Yes, the MTC smells nasty, but it feels like EFY... There is a different feel here than anywhere else. I LOVE the temple! I want to go everyday! I miss Erin and You, and Natha, and Heather. I guess our joyous reunion will have to wait a few years. ;) Thank you for sending me Erin's letter. She is SSOOO Cute! She will do great things. I know that because she has always been my hero. Sorry I haven't written in 2 weeks. Just the way P-days worked out when I came to the field. The mission field is a lot different than I was expecting. I thought it was going to be like the MTC, but it's WAY different. It is super hard, but it will be worth it. It rains everyday here. I HAVE AN AFRO! My hair is HUGE. Sister Eckman is way awesome. (I sent a letter in the mail today... make sure you look for it. It has a TON of info, so be excited!) I love my mission president. He is so nice, and his wife sounds just like Granny Bodily. Crazy. It is so humid here, that it makes it hard to breath. I am in one of the hardest areas in the south. They had to remove all missionaries for 5 years and brought them back only 5 months ago. People here are VERY anti-Mormon. THE CHURCH IS TRUE PEOPLE! Haha. I realized that I'm actually shy when I talk to complete strangers about the gospel. I can talk about normal things, but I freeze up when I talk about church. Weird. Only 18 missionaries came here to Knoxville. I am actually in Brevard, North Carolina right now. It's the place where they filmed the Hunger Games! I was even wearing a side braid when they told me where I was going. I love you more than all the seeds of the earth. Love Sister Echols (the Brooke one) I can't believe I forgot to add Dad, Kevin, Michael, Jen, Dace, and few others to the list of people I miss! SORRY ABOUT THAT! Oh, ya! And did you know that you can Mail bananas (sister cluff)?! Sorry the pictures are out of order. At least they're pretty easy to figure out! Sister Nelson, me, Elder Carlton (from England), Sister Bohanon, Sister Wheelhouse in the MTC. Me and Erin a few times. Me and my companion, Sister Nelson in class. Thanks for the pictures! I think I answered your questions in my other Email, but more info is coming in the letter I sent. I would like you to hand write me also, but if you don't want to that's ok too. I will hand write you more often than just once a month because I have so much to tell you! I can't wait for you to get me letter. You'll laugh at what I said. It's pretty hilarious. City: Brevard, North Carolina Mugginess: 1000% (unreal) Alex is in School: HALLELUYAH!!!! Time for a heel click! Kevin working: It's about time, good for him and at least he's not a bump on a log anymore. Don't forget to look for my letter! I love you more than the size of the ocean. I got your cinnamon rolls! They were so yummy! Yes, the MTC smells nasty, but it feels like EFY... There is a different feel here than anywhere else. I LOVE the temple! I want to go everyday! I miss Erin and You, and Natha, and Heather. I guess our joyous reunion will have to wait a few years. ;) Thank you for sending me Erin's letter. She is SSOOO Cute! She will do great things. I know that because she has always been my hero. Sorry I haven't written in 2 weeks. Just the way P-days worked out when I came to the field. The mission field is a lot different than I was expecting. I thought it was going to be like the MTC, but it's WAY different. It is super hard, but it will be worth it. It rains everyday here. I HAVE AN AFRO! My hair is HUGE. Sister Eckman is way awesome. (I sent a letter in the mail today... make sure you look for it. It has a TON of info, so be excited!) I love my mission president. He is so nice, and his wife sounds just like Granny Bodily. Crazy. It is so humid here, that it makes it hard to breath. I am in one of the hardest areas in the south. They had to remove all missionaries for 5 years and brought them back only 5 months ago. People here are VERY anti-Mormon. THE CHURCH IS TRUE PEOPLE! Haha. I realized that I'm actually shy when I talk to complete strangers about the gospel. I can talk about normal things, but I freeze up when I talk about church. Weird. Only 18 missionaries came here to Knoxville. I am actually in Brevard, North Carolina right now. It's the place where they filmed the Hunger Games! I was even wearing a side braid when they told me where I was going. I love you more than all the seeds of the earth. Love Sister Echols (the Brooke one)

No comments:

Post a Comment