Lovely Ladies

Lovely Ladies

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Erin 9.4.2013

September 2, 2013 EMAIL Dear Mom, YOUR SURGERY IS TODAY?!?!?!?!?! I hope you're okay and doing well. If you can't breathe, I know how you feel, I feel like I’m drowning here with all the humidity, you have to cough often to get the moisture out of your lungs because it certainly builds up. I would LOVE both emails and Letters! Sorry, our pday was moved to Tuesday this week because Monday was a holiday. We were out trackting all day long and blessed 750ish people, got 200ish new investigators, and 50ish baptismal dates. We baptized 56 people in august and 27 more just last week. Is it possible to email music? If so, I need hymns and MoTab... unlimited, that’s all we can listen to. The flight was crazy. It was like the Tower of Terror at Disneyland because we kept losing altitude and dropping suddenly, and when we weren't falling out the sky, we were shaking like our power was going out. It was terrifying, so I don't think I'll be doing much flying when I get back home. Can I just drive back? :) I had to say goodbye to Brooke the morning we went to the airport. We went on separate busses and I cried out my eyes. When we stopped hugging, I looked around and there were about a dozen other missionaries staring at us and crying as well. I think they were touched our sisterly love. I miss her like crazy and I miss you too. I need my best friends here. We never went to the mission home; we went straight to a church because the mission home isn't big enough to hold 50 brand new missionaries. 50!! My companion is interesting, she has a hard time with my sense of humor, but she is a good teacher, I'm glad she takes the lead. Because I'd rather follow when it comes to spirituality. I have a hard time being bold. I LOVE YOU MAMA! Love, Erin September 2, 2013 EMAIL Dear Mom, If you haven't gotten a scripture for my plack yet, please use D&C 6:36!! I sent a scripture in the mail, but I like this one better. We've had a couple of crazy storms here, and Sister Hixon and I are faithful missionaries and out on our bikes. It was cool riding your bike up a hill and having a waterfall rush down. It really made me want to go river rafting. We met with a kid and he is going downhill fast. He is extremely suicidal because he's been attempted murdered a couple of times. He was going to kill himself after we left. I had a thought to share my story about Alex, and I refused to share it. The thought kept coming to me and I kept ignoring it. The next thing you know is that my heart was pounding and my head was spinning and the story was coming out of my mouth. Obviously the spirit spoke through me because I wouldn't have told it otherwise. That was the most spirit I've ever felt in my life (and you know me... not spiritual). Well obviously the story worked because he's still alive today, a few days later. Wow. You wouldn't believe how much chicken we eat here! We are either starving and only eating cereal or we eat fried chicken. I've a couple of interesting southern meals here so far. Jalapeno cheddar biscuits smothered in mustard. Chicken galore. Strawberry pecan waffle. More Chicken. There are more Chick-Fil-A's here than McDonalds. Crazy As of today, I have 46 mosquito bites, and they itch like crazy. I've never been so itchy in my entire life. My legs look like a witch's face. I'm kind of sad because my roomies like to shop and go out to eat a lot. So we spend most of the pday shopping and we go out to eat at least once a day. I hate spending my money so I make that meal into two or three more. I eat very little of it that way I can save money. I've definitely lost weight since I've gotten here, but I probably picked it back up by riding the bike and building muscle. It's very hilly here so we get PLENTY of excursive. I love having all of the frogs here. You see them mostly at night hopping around, but when you see them in the day time, it's because they're flattened on the road. :) I could never live here though because of all the mosquitoes. I'm so sorry mom, I can't figure out how to load my pictures, I'll figure it out eventually. But don't worry, I'm taking lots. I LOOOOVVVVEEE YYOOOUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!! And I miss you like the sun misses the flower. September 2, 2013 EMAIL Dear Dad, Are you in St. George? If so... FUN! I'll bet it's nice and dry there and warm. We were trackting and found a missionary couple from St. George and they live 5 minutes away from the temple. They invited us into their home and they fed us chips and salsa. It was well needed. They were sure nice and I really like talking with them. After our visit they said that I was radiating the spirit. I didn't feel like I was, but they said I was glowing. I'm glad the ward is doing well, but I want to know... How are you? Is your finger healed yet? I'm sorry I don't have a lot of time, but read Mom's email and it'll tell you a lot about Peach Tree City. I LOVE YOU DAD!! Love, Erin September 2, 2013 EMAIL Daddio Spaghettio! I loved your email! I'm so glad that Ashlee's funeral went well; it's still weird to me that she died. I sent a letter in the mail, so be sure to look for it! I think it will make you laugh with my witty humor. :P I'm glad the Triumph is coming along. I can't wait to drive it when I get home. hehe. Believe me when I say that you haven't seen rain until you go to Brevard North Carolina. That's where I'm at and it's called "the land of the waterfalls and the land where the water falls." It feels like you're standing under a waterfall when it rains. Read mom's email I sent her. I'm short on time and I just want you to know how much I love you. I love you more than the vastness of the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment